Thread: Config file of Crysis 2

Config file of Crysis 2

I am playing Crysis 2 on the computer of mine. well I have seen some people who have been found config file into the Crysis 2 beta in to the hard disk of the Xbox 360. Let me know if any of the users who are aware of the settings which I can make so that I would be able to run the game on the Xbox 360. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours in this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Config file of Crysis 2

Well I am posting the config file for the Xbox 360 as follow. I let you know that the directory structure is quite same as Crysis or Crysis warhead. Howvere you will be able to locate the config file in to Engine.pak file which is located into the engine folder then that of the regular.pak file. I have also seen the localization files which are seesm to be encrypted.
    Code:
    hud_startpaused="0"

sys_StreamCallbackTimeBudget=20000

r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 1
    --r_ShadersRemoteCompiler=1
    r_ShadersPreactivate = 1

e_DynamicLightsFrameIdVisTest=2
    e_DecalsMerge=0 // 0 = less memory allocations and stalls, but more drawcals
    e_DecalsHitCache=1
    e_DecalsNeighborMaxLifeTime=1
    e_DecalsOverlapping=0

e_TerrainLodRatio = 2
    e_TerrainTextureStreamingPoolItemsNum=32

e_LevelAutoPrecacheCameraJumpDist=0 // precache disabled for less loading time

e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio=1 // less shadow popping in crysis and game04 areas
    e_GsmCacheLodOffset=2 // shadow maps update frequentcy

r_FogDepthTest = 10

r_DeferredShadingLightVolumes=1

r_DrawNearZRange = 0.23 //temp solution for depth range for DRAW_NEAREST
    r_DrawNearFarPlane = 80

p_max_mc_iters = 2000

r_DisplayInfo = 0

g_breakage_particles_limit = 40

p_joint_damage_accum=2
    p_joint_damage_accum_threshold=0.2
    p_max_entity_cells=10000

log_AllowDirectLoggingFromAnyThread = 1
    I am hoping that the file which I have mentioned above would be helpful to you.

According to me the Console which are mostly used by the gamers are running the game on the modified medium settings. As far as I am knowing that computers are seems to be working quite better than that of Console. I let you know that thing which I am talking medium settings can be done by the using ‘sys_specs=2’ without double quotes into the config file of the Crysis 2 game on the Xbox of yours. so try it and let me know for the same.

I have found some people in the game who have managed to access the game files of the Crysis 2 and specifically .cfg files. This particular .cfg files lets you know about the settings which you can do on the Console which you are using to play the game. when you will have a look on the file you will be able to see sys_spec_xxxxx = 2. This particlaur thing will also help you to know that your Xbox 360 is running on 720P. you can also found the x360.cfg which will let you know that you are running the game using DX9.

One interesting thing I would like to discus over here is that PS3 is simply running on the 16 pixels which is quite shorter than that of 360. When you will look into the PS3 config file you will be able to see that it is having a cap of 30FPS. I am really glad to saying that custom.cfg file is going to return in this particular game. Also PS3 is having little bit less VRAM or RAM so there would be quite low buffer to save the memory space.

I think the screen resolution not might be of the 1280x720 but still there would be an override which might be overriding to shadder handle EDRAM. I have seen there is nothing worth to view the entire config file of the game. I have found that all the notes which are done on the basis of the default settings of the medium into the Crysis Wars. I am thinking that CE3 is seems to be more efficient than that of CE2 and I am assuming that it will allow to have some more interesting stuffs.