Thread: Getting Popping and screeching sound while playing StarCraft 2

Getting Popping and screeching sound while playing StarCraft 2

I am playing StarCraft 2 on the computer of mine. well I am getting an issue when I am trying to play game on the computer of mine. I am getting consist Popping and screeching sound while I am trying to play game on the computer of mine. I have searched on the Google to get the root cause as well as solution for the same but I have not found anything which I can apply to fix the matter of mine. let me know if you are having any idea regarding this particular problem as early as possible. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting Popping and screeching sound while playing StarCraft 2

Looking at the situation I am unable to find out why this particular problem is happening on the computer of yours. Let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours. Also tell me about the entire system configuration of the computer of yours. Finally I want to which sound card do you have installed on the computer of yours. Do you have installed necessary drivers on the computer? Answer the above mentioned thing as early as possible.

You can try to fix the matter by simply using the different sound acceleration level on the computer of yours. I am suggesting following instruction which you can apply to get the same.
    • You have to click on the Start and go for Run where you need enter DXDIAG and simply click on Ok button.
    • You have to click on the Sound and simply set Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to the Standard Acceleration by simply moving the slide bar.
    • Now try to play the game by simply lowering down the acceleration to Basic or None.

Let me know whether it helped you or not.

If you have installed Windows 7 on the computer of yours then I think you need to disable the Compatibility mode if in case it is enabled. You can use the following steps.
    • You have to right click on the StarCraft 2 icon and simply go for the Properties.
    • Now go for the Compatibility and you need see that Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox is not checked.
    • Now you have to click on Ok button.

Once you have done then see whether there is crackling sound is occurring or not.

It is an universal problem as far as this particular game StarCraft 2 is concerned. Well I am having a universal solution to fix the matter of yours. i am recommending that you can go for the updating the latest sound card driver on the computer. You need to visit the official website of the sound card manufacturer and download the latest driver and installed the same on the computer of mine. once you have installed restart the computer and see whether it is working or not.

I am highly suspecting that there is something wrong with the sound card which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should contact the online technical support for the further assistance. You should not forget to state about the problem which you are facing. They will work around on the situation and let you know about the further troubleshooting steps to fix the matter of yours.