Thread: Black Screen appears while launching (playing) Blizzard StarCraft 2

Black Screen appears while launching (playing) Blizzard StarCraft 2

I have downloaded and installed Blizzard’s StarCraft 2 in my system. It’s running Windows XP. After playing twice or thrice this particular problem started. Sometimes while playing or launching the game, the screen goes black, like complete black out. What could be causing this thing? Anyone have any idea? What should I do 2 prevent this to happen in future. It has become annoying now as it happened various times when I was in the middle of a match.

Re: Black Screen appears while launching (playing) Blizzard StarCraft 2

As you said that the problem started all at once, I suppose your system has been infected by some sort of virus or malware or any other germs. There are many possibilities of developing number of problems if your game files become corrupted. In this case you don't have any option other than replacing some or all of the game files. Do a complete scan of your system. If possible uninstall the game and again install it. Make sure your Windows version is updated. Always keep your Automatic Update On. Visit the official Microsoft site to check for updates available for your system.

Check if your system hardware configuration meets up the general requirement to play the game smoothly. StarCraft 2 requires a lot of resource. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and sound cards. The performance of your programs and processes are adversely affected by overclocking or too much heat production by your system. Always remember to clean out the dust that gets accumalated inside your computer case. Because that may be the major reason behind this overheating. If the system produces too much of heat, you can add an additional fan to cool down your system.

I also faced this problem a while back. My security software was hampering the performance of the game. There are various firewall applications that cause this black screen issue; specifically the ZoneAlarm and McAfee Firewall. You can disable it while you playing the game and can again enable once you done playing. Sometimes other applications or processes can also cause the conflict with your game, so check out for them too. Before starting the game make sure that you close all the undesired processes or application, they must just be eating your resources and causing those black outs.

Install the latest video drivers in your system. And check if it is compatible with the latest version of DirectX. This is also one reason behind those black screens. Also download and install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard. You can do that either by contacting the motherboard manufacturer's official website for updated chipset drivers or contact the vendor from whom you purchased your motherboard.