Thread: Modding can save Dragon Age 2

Modding can save Dragon Age 2

No need for me to list the many problems the game, much has already been established in the threads lately and I have no inclination and I'm too tired to add to it. Suffice it to say, however, beyond the main problems that the game was received, allow me a small window to complain about other little things about the game that really upset and annoyed the heck out of me in particular. Character generation. You may not modify the default Hawke. You cannot have default Hawke impressive hair if you use a different preset. If you spend about an hour to create their perfect Hawke, can get into the possibility that his entire family are different, and much lower.

Re: Modding can save Dragon Age 2

There is no compelling reason whatsoever to these restrictions. Not only have Bioware made the stupid decision to restrict custom armor for your teammates, but even gives you the full choice of character creation. Besides, a proposal was arbitrary completely random coil cleaning of your family members, for they have no control. I cannot understand why Bioware even do that. Fortunately, the mods have been to eliminate this hassle, so that gives me a small grain of comfort and go through the character creator. Profusely thank the modders at least that my gaming experience a little nicer (at least initially). I am sure that the weeks and months pass, the game can and will look, feel and play much better than the receivers of the modding community of its teeth in the game.

Although the need to extend the life cycle of the game, if you incorporate or not. Even EA has to realize that games with good potential for modding and / or toolkits tend to have a longer life cycle. DLC can only extend this much and has to be high quality to achieve it. Alienating the modding community, plus a good part of his old fans do not exactly help market the game and expansions / sequels. This can be either Bioware or EA's interest.

I am one that enjoys the game overall, but I feel that much remains to do in certain areas. The things are, literally, have no idea about the capabilities of the modders and wondered which of the poorer aspects of the game (which have been covered extensively in this forum already) could be changed to modders? What is actually wrong with the game anyway? Because everyone should be playing a different game for me.

I love the game itself, although there are some changes you would like to see that I'm sure modding can be arranged. I miss the ability to kiss and flirt with her romantic interest, for example. Or be able to walk only until a colleague at any time and talk to them. I would like to see more clothing, weapons and armor and options. Traders are all pretty well out of the action in this game. We definitely need modding tools. I just hope that all complaints and whining is not deterred by the creation of Dragon Age 3, I'm dying to play after how things turned out at the end of Part 2.

For me the only thing missing is the emotion in DA2, in DA: O actually felt allot of emotion towards the end and even had a tear in my face during the farewell scene Denerim, oh bless. anyway I was not at all in the DA2, I'm hoping for some downloadable content patch or mod that will change that for me, after all, is an RPG, I want to fully immerse and DA: O did. And yes, there are a lot of mods approaching out now, but for me none of them really give anything to the game content, apart from some cosmetic changes or playthings last minute that I refuse to download. I really hope to get things modders Pro soon, as in the past have been some wonderful mods.