Thread: Assassins creed brotherhood will not work online

Assassins creed brotherhood will not work online

After buying the Assassins creed brotherhood Da Vinci Disappearance at start it started giving out the online error. I had bought this game after getting the multiplayer preview on Youtube. Now when I connect the same it is not connecting at all. I verified my Internet connection, even went through some the similar threads here but nothing helped much here. I have a high speed 1 mbps line which I think enough for the online gaming support. Other games work like a charm here but only in this game I facing the online error issue. Does anyone has faced a similar kind of error on their system also.

Re: Assassins creed brotherhood will not work online

First thing is that you must anyhow again verify your Internet connection. You had also not mentioned what exact error you are getting on your screen. Or just the game does not respond when you try to connect online. If you see error like An Internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to the Ubisoft master servers then it is just the Internet connection issue. You can try by passing the ping command in cmd. Type ping www.google.com -t to check whether your system is getting responded or not. You can also test the servers in this way. And for the time being just for testing disable your Firewall and try back.

Mostly looks like a security application is blocking your game connection. For this you will need to try to disable your security application first and then try back the same time. For this disable all you antivirus and firewall service. If you do not want to do this then you can open a single port for the game. Also you can add the game under exception list of firewall so that the game is not blocked. Also make sure that you are not behind any proxy server when you are trying to connect. This is one of the major issue which is simply get ignored by the people.

If you are behind the proxy then also there is a way to fix the same. Sometime due to proxy server setup the servers do not respond on the connection of the game. I found a way for this. You will need to play with the settings.ini for this. There is a small settings extract that you will need to add on the same. Add the settings to the ini file. This is because it is not enabled by default and due to which you face the issue.

[ProxySettings]
    ProxyHost=proxyhostname:proxyport
    OverrideProxySettings=1

After adding this settings you will need to change the proxyhostname and proxyport to the settings which you are using currently. If you do not know how to find those settings then here are the stesp for that. Run Internet explorer and then click on Internet Options. There go to Connections and then click on Lan Settings. Add the same settings here. Just add this settings in the settings.ini and then chack back again. This time you will get active connections for the game.