Thread: Am I the only one more excited for Single Player than MP in HomeFront

Am I the only one more excited for Single Player than MP in HomeFront

The second the devs said their inspiration was Half-Life 2 I was sold. The stories, original concept, authentic feel (actual brands in the mall gameplay we've seen) all of it adds up to some awesome potential. As a huge HL2 fan, I'm hoping HomeFront can even come remotely close. If the game can provide some solid SP value, it would be awesome. I am a bit worried because after looking over the achievements list it's only 6 chapters. I hope they're long chapters cause man, a well told, story driven FPS single players can become legendary. Think HL2, Red Faction and Bioshock. So, my stance out there for the whole world to know, is anyone else more excited for the SP than the MP? I mean, I know MP is going to be awesome and all, that's a given, but I'm testing the waters here with the HomeFront community!

Re: Am I the only one more excited for Single Player than MP in HomeFront

I am excited about Single Player but more excited about MultiPlayer. A good story makes a game become a series. SP for HomeFront has a good plot. If it’s anywhere near as good as the HomeFront book then it’ll be epic. I'm just excited it’s not another game where terrorists are stealing nukes and trying to blow stuff up. Thing that put me off single player a little was seeing the early vids when the AI was awful and the game had an awful feel to it, still in my mind to this day even though it’s been "Fixed", we will see.

The story and the environments in Single player sure seems great, it did catch my attention way before MP did. Hopefully it's like the good old Halo games, great story (SP) that you can play again and again, and multiplayer that you'll play for years to come. This does not just apply to HomeFront but games in general for me. I buy games for multiplayer. Single player is a cool bonus but the deciding factor in whether to buy or not solely rides on the multiplayer only! SP is just a side bonus

I do agree. And speaking of value, a good SP can justify a developer not including online/offline co-op too. Yes, even if it’s a squad-based FPS, sometimes it’s just meant to be played alone. Killzone 2 failed to justify the lack of co-op, hence why GG added it in Killzone 3. But Half-Life was as good as a single-player experience; I don't think I've EVER heard anyone ask for co-op campaign in that game! I hope Homefront's campaign is good enough to justify not playing it with a buddy. We'll see.

Truth is told I am not that fussed about the single player. I'll probably play it, but do like a level a day or something. But I'm going to be focusing mainly on the multi player. I meander what we are all going to be bad tempered about first. This guns OP, that battle point reward is too expensive. I'm looking forward to both SP and MP (But mostly SP) I still play Halo Reach's campaign I literally have 5 days of gameplay and I have XBL.