Thread: If "Dragon Age" Wasn't in the Title would you be playing Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

If "Dragon Age" Wasn't in the Title would you be playing Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

EA2D need to know that his entire platform runs on a fan base established. This could be a blessing, but at this point, is acting as a curse. Have the name of Dragon Age is bound to get thousands of players to try. It is an excellent first hook for the players actually playing. Note that many of us would give Facebook a game a second look, if you managed to get one in the first place. I hate to generalize, but that's just the truth. So we have in the game, creating your character and kill the monsters first. What now?
    There minihooks few found in the first 5 or fewer levels. construction of the castle is potentially very good. The ability to attribute the source and the system appears to be quite robust. But here's where things start to crumble. Henceforth, people are playing, just for the name. The story gets very low. The rewards of increasingly difficult battles become even more scarce and are mostly useless, so that subsequent encounters even more difficult. Castle construction slows to a near standstill. And, most dangerously low, the ubiquitous Crown begins to raise its ugly head.
    Now do not get me wrong. I am fully aware that this game is a cash making EA2D / marketing strategy. I know you want the cash. And I'm perfectly willing to go out with my hard earned money, given the right circumstances. EA2D not provide these circumstances, however.
    Unless you abuse the system (ie, the addition of masses of foreigners to their "friends", making it very specific strategy based game), the game just is not fun to play without having to buy a ridiculous amount of Crowns . Now, we discuss the difficulty until the cows come home. I do not care if you have the level of X without using pumps or potions or colleagues while playing with his eyes closed. That's great. That's not the point. The fact of the matter is, the gameplay is a huge jump after level 5 or less. How can we address this? I have a few suggestions.
    1) Remove or less low cool companion. I'd say 10-20 minutes is reasonable (or more if his death), and that prevents spam some select partners, and can record through its power to ease this time. The power system is a major limiting progression, without reducing the ability to enjoy the game - only the speed that can be enjoyable. This rate is reasonable with the energy bar alone when the companion absurdly low tack along great, and you're looking at the screen with all the energy and not be used by colleagues not reasonable. So keep the energy, lower cooling peers. If you want to keep us connected, it is necessary we will play.
    2) To improve the appearance of objects. I can not overemphasize this point. If you want to keep us hooked, we must see that the progression of gears. Not necessarily aesthetically monotonous maintain regular items, but we have to do some better statistics out of the arts of the drop. Similarly, for the love of the Creator, to make specific drops arts class! Item drops enough problems without being completely useless. Once the level 7 without seeing a single drop of my own class. As it was a beta version, I restarted since I was so gimped. If this is the released product, I have left. If you intend EA2D class items not to be used for gold, that goal remains to achieve with the same class team that is not as good as what you have, or items that have been stabilized. Similarly, maintaining the flow of gold and goes. There is a drastic drop, and its demoralizing to see the castle grow so slowly (as a side note, should be able to create a fully functional, the chateau of expansion in the game without losing a single Corona - I think the improvements Crown are large and have their place, but should not be used to purchase gold crowns for expansions and upgrades not the crown). Crowns can not be the answer to everything, which brings me to my next point.
    3) De-emphasize the crowns and lower cost of the item of the Crown. Just a pointer:
    i) crowns have taken a very dominant position in the game. Are ubiquitous, whether they died in a battle, want to upgrade your castle, you need an extra potions, wants to hire a partner already in use, etc. Its nice to have for this purpose, but t should be constantly in our faces. It adds a confirmation dialog for the purchase of items from the Crown. Very annoying clicks miss when it comes to real money.
    ii) the cost of the Crown subject has to come from a very large amount. A reduction of 75% would be very reasonable. As it stands now, the article page of the Crown is a diversion away from learning how much their cost translates into hard dollars. They are called micro transactions for a reason. $ 2 for a power potion that will give you a minute of the game is not micro, and is reasonable. $ 13 for a micro sword is not, nor is it reasonable. You can purchase all games for that price. Know who your audience - the players are well aware of our choices, and if we have fifteen dollars to spend on that indie, highly praised game or a sword in a flash game Facebook ... I know where my money goes, at least.
    4) Implement trade / gifts. First of all, this will help with the appearance of objects EA2D if you decide not to make class-specific. Secondly, it greatly improves the social function of the game and help ensure new players. Make gifts Corona power (ie, purchase and send to a friend right away), but non-tradable (ie, sends it to a friend when you're done with it.)Invite a new friend and helped him to pimp his character, the castle a bit in the beginning will help keep people playing a lot.
    So I'm sure many of you who have been with me at this point, especially those who have fallen a decent wad of cash, they ask: "Why EA2D want the game to be so profitable?" I would say that these changes make the game more profitable. Bringing the game to a far more playable without having to spend the money will help connect players. Once connected, voluntarily going out with our cash for items at a reasonable price. EA2D need to make us feel that we are rewarding to make a game so addictive that instead we are being assaulted. The little micro-transactions are added. I am willing to drop 50 cents on the value of such a battle over energy before going to bed. I am willing to buy that $ 4 sword that looks so bloody awesome. In this sense, maintaining the elements of great looks to the crowns. When you are building a social platform game in which you want to show your friends, the aesthetic elements are infinitely preferable to the small statistical increases (which are a plus, but not the only motivating factor.)
    Keep people playing? Add to the longevity of the game. Expand your content without while providing "premium" content. The longer you can keep playing with people, more time can milk.
    If EA2D not keep players engaged, how many anticipate playing once they have opened their articles? Even if it has fallen from $ 100 to get there? How someone to spend $ 10 every two weeks or so for the year or is it more profitable to get someone to leave just what you need to get their open and out.
    I want this game to succeed. I work with my friends with the world of Dragon Age. But there must be some drastic measures taken to make reality as well. Once people have their dragon carrots age, their good will by the name of the game will fade quickly. Perhaps this is the strategy of EA2D. But this could be a long game with the appropriate changes, and ultimately more enjoyable for players and more profitable for EA.

Re: If "Dragon Age" Wasn't in the Title would you be playing Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

I don’t know how minority you mean, at least 1/3 of my friends have some obvious crown purchases (castle or gear), beyond the starting bit you get. Then as for players over level 10, that number jumps to about 75%. So while yes that is a minority (taking into consideration that people over level 10 are overly serious, and assuming since they are taking random friends on Facebook, again overly serious), if 10% are buying things, EA2D is making some money.

Re: If "Dragon Age" Wasn't in the Title would you be playing Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

36 thousand people have 'liked' it right now. Assume 10% of those buy things worth $20. That 70K and ADVERTISING ON FACEBOOK (which every company wants). Now it’s the BETA, and the free items aren't in yet. So let’s assume they made 100K off the beta... they can probably pull 100K a month if they can give us a reason to keep playing. And considering EA2D has people who work on more than one game (I would assume), that isn’t really bad. Oh and I haven’t personally bought any crowns, and don’t intend to at the current prices I agree they are crazy, but then again, I’d say that at a penny too!

I know this mediocre flash game should bring money. Or so that's what the developers think, but it's a flash game. It should be used to advertise the game, not a money tool. You'd get the money from DA2 and that'd compensate for the price of the flash-games current situation. However, irrelevant that is, I'm in support for changing out this stuff works. Make it work in the long run for everyone, not just people who want to spend money because some of us are poor.

Back to the original post, I agree with all points both from "professional" and player point of view.
    And to and my five cents. Bring balance to game - classes for players (and enemies too) need total rebalance. Mages are squishy targets for enemy dead arrows. Enemy archers resistant to archery? About half of attacks glance. And my personal favorite - at current time, rogue from level 13 can go solo through any encounter by simply using many potions, throw voice and mass volley. And doesn't have to pay single cent for it.

While Dragon Age Legends pay structure won't be seeing a dime from me in this state, a game like League of Legends, which offers absolutely zero gameplay advantages for buying their items, has probably garnered around $1000 from me and a few of my friends over the past year and a half. Has set its micro transactions up to ensure longevity for its inherently fun game. Dragon Age Legend has its set up to gain the greatest amount it possibly can in the impending rush to get their DA2 items. So transparent, and even if I were to consider buying items, I can see that EA2D isn't in it for the long haul, further demotivating me.

I agree with everything the OP said. As it stands, if they don't de-emphasize crowns people are going to play the game until they get their DA2 items and then stop. The fact is that the micro transactions in this game are way more invasive than any Facebook game I've ever seen, and many people are going to just stop playing once they realized that. Which is a shame, because the actual core gameplay in Dragon Age Legend is absolutely fantastic, and it would be a shame for this game to die shortly after launch because EA was a bit too greedy.

Quite agree with the OP, except for one point, I do not think should be done only drop loot for your class. That would be boring very quickly, can be as frustrating as not getting an update. If you have something that every drop I find your character can use, then you definitely lose some of the charm of the carrot. Now, to mitigate this idea, maybe I could have secured a fall in the final match that is within + / - 1 or 2 levels of your character you can use. At least that way, you're guaranteed to get at least something on the map, but implementing the idea of trade so that you can barter / trade items with your friends. If they have to, which cost him some gold for trade and limit the number of operations you can do for 24 hours. This cannot abuse the system if you have a hundred friends, you can get fully equipped in a very short time without limit.