Thread: Exclusive PC Features vs. Console of Homefront

Exclusive PC Features vs. Console of Homefront

This leads me to believe that not only are the console versions not getting the FPV for vehicles (which I am ok with,) but we are as well not getting many of the other features. This is alarming. Some of the clan features especially things like capturing video of completive matches should have been included in the console versions of the title. These kinds of things are the items that really push the console version of Homefront above and beyond the "Call of Duty and Bad Company 2" copycat moniker. I truly hope the console edition has some answers for many of the things that were addressed with this feature set. Leaving this stuff out doesn't help push the FPS genre forward into the future. I hope Kaos really hits this out of the park. The quality is in the details, and if these details were left out of the console version of the title. What you all thought about this?

Re: Exclusive PC Features vs. Console of Homefront

I can't tell how much I am really pissed at that First Person View PC exclusive feature. This isn't the type of feature which would be exclusive to one platform. I love vehicles, and vehicles without FPV are just dumb. Don't tell me the consoles can't handle them because of memory and all that crap. How come all the other games have them then? This is a first person shooter game, how can I have no first person view for my vehicles, and only third person. I can see why the PC has the rest of the other great features, but this is just dumb to me. At least give helicopters a FPV, Heli look so wedged flying them in Third person.

I think DE probably did the majority of those features regarding clan support, VoIP, etc. Kaos probably did the FPV textures and sounds but I am pretty sure Digital Extremes created the vast majority of those features; it was the DE guys in that podcast that were commenting on them. I am a PC gamer so I am personally beyond excited about what I read and the next 2 weeks can't pass fast enough and except the PC community has truly degraded into a bunch of Battlefield or Call of Duty buying sheep this game should be around for a while on that platform. As well, if they give you an explanation of memory limitations and you continue to say "don't give me that crap" I don't think that they'll really respond again. Again, my video card's frame buffer has more RAM than the 360 and PS3 combined so I think that a memory limitation could very well be feasible.

It is the PS3 that hold everything back. The PS3 is the lead build for Homefront. They are porting it over to Xbox. That is what the problem is. Sony has one of the most unfriendly Developer systems ever made. And it is easier to port to Xbox from PS that the other way around. Code is very complex, and not at all made for the average game Dev. This is why most Devs companies choose Xbox over PS. Xbox is very Dev friendly, and MS really knows what they are doing in terms of Open systems and game development. Sony couldn't give rats about developers and will not at all support cross platform Devs.

I have heard about the PS3 being complex to work with, and maybe that’s why a game like Black Ops wedged on PS3, and it’s just fine on the 360. But at the same time, you have Modern Warfare 2 that runs identically the same on both consoles. That’s the difference between Devs. If KAOS can't work with PS3, which I know isn't true, I am just responding to you, and then they should stop making games. Also the PS3 isn't the lead build, it was going to be, but while Microsoft offered their support, KAOS went with the 360 as their lead build. Either way that should make no difference.

If someone is selling a game, we shouldn't be settling for less, we should be getting more. I don't really know what goes into making the game and the sacrifices you have to make. I don't really care. All that matters is the finished product. No one is going to buy the game and sit around saying 'I wish they had this feature in the game, but oh well there is only so much disc space.' Bottom line, there are missing features we have come to expect from FPS with vehicle style game play. They are not there? Does the absence of those features guarantee a bad game? Of course not. PC gets FPV and console doesn't? That's just sloppy. We are not talking about features in Call of Duty or Battlefield here; we are talking about the same game.