Thread: Kill Cam in HomeFront

Kill Cam in HomeFront

I read in one of the previews that there was a Kill Cam. I find this fairly unsatisfactory, considering nearly every characteristic I've seen for this game has had me excited until now. I have never enjoyed a game that used Kill Cam's. For me, it eliminates almost all improvement of stealth, and superior firing location when after every kill I have to change place in order to avoid being picked off by the player I just killed. This is my first post here, so I'm not too sure how active the developers are, but can you confirm the existence of a kill cam, how it works, and whether or not there will be any options to play without it?

Re: Kill Cam in HomeFront

Kill cams don’t bother me; look at bad company 2 and how they used kill cams very different from the COD series. So it all comes down to how it actually works in HF. I have to agree with that. Bad Company's didn't necessarily reveal anyone. Sometimes it did though. But, if I want to be super tactical and silent I don’t want a killcam to ruin my cover. So if they can implement it without blowing anyone’s cover, then so be it.

I've noticed the only people that like kill cams, are those that struggle to keep from dying. They cannot figure out where there are being killed from, so they need support. That's great and all, unless you're the player doing the killing. Anyone with a decent sense of tactics that can recognize strong areas of fire and good fighting position hate kill cams because it eliminates any advantage you have from finding such a position. After the first kill, maybe two, you are immediately driven away from your area by someone you killed, no matter how good your original location was. Kill Cams ruin shooters, and take away any reward for playing smart.

Kill cam doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't slow down the respawn time, or you have the option to skip it. Having to wait 3-5 seconds to get back into the fight does nothing but hinder me from being a team player. However, as I usually play as a sniper, it does kind of piss me off that the jack-wagon I just killed, because he doesn't understand how to use cover, can easily find me. I think that not having a kill cam feature would force better communication within the team chances are that if I was hiding and killed someone, one of their teammates witnessed where the kill-shot came from. So when that soldier returned, his teammates could tell them where they think my position is and either try to avoid me, or find a way to flush me out and get revenge.

I find the kill cam of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is not that bad. hopefully it's something similar to that but I'm up for surprises as well. It shouldn't be bad for Assault troops and such as much as it can be for the novice snipers who choose not to relocate. Kill cam features brings a tactical building block - Remember to relocate if you’re in a fixed position, that's all.

As a sniper (novice that's funny, but I know what you mean), I assure you that I do relocate as often as I need to find the best firing position to provide distance support for the assault troops on the team. The only tactical element kill cam brings is for the angry individual to focus on his killer rather than the objectives at hand. For the record, it pisses me off when one of my own teammates disappears from the fight just to get his own revenge on his killer. I guess I'm just the guy who's more interested in the team winning the game rather than my own personal grudges.

I agree with most of the comments. I'm not a huge fan of kill cam, but the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 cam wasn't too bad as it was more general and vague. It really depends on the game though if the game has a lot of camping spots and tends to turn into a camp-fest because of the maps, scoring, nature of the game - then a kill cam can be a useful tool in getting people to actually move around a bit and even possibly to go for team objectives. For some games, the lack of a kill cam can really lead to everyone pitching a tent, roasting wienies and just camping all day instead of actually playing as a team.