Thread: The side stepping has to stop in HomeFront

The side stepping has to stop in HomeFront

Hey chefs or someone can we have a set date posted on here telling us when to expect more info for the console versions. Then we can just stop with the worries, rumors, and hate speech. Stuff like the Xp system and how it works, how does an Xbox live party work? How does chat work? What stats are tracked? Are there leaderboards? What are the final game modes? What clan options do we have? Etc. This is getting stupid and you guys know it. Why constantly deflect when you can handle it head on and tell us? Is the game delayed?

Re: The side stepping has to stop in HomeFront

The game is not delayed, it comes out March 15th. With only two weeks left I think you can expect all information to be revealed in the ramp up to launch. Plus, by launch you will have numerous reviews and media to comb through to answer every question you have about the game. They need to tell us these things. I find it unfair that the consoles seem to be getting no attention at all, while the PC is all they are talking about. I understand that usually the PC version of games gets the back end, but just because you want the PC gamers to be happy doesn’t mean the console gamers should be ignored.

I think the PC gamers in the PC section would like to know where all this attention you said they are getting is. Most of the videos, walkthroughs, and developer diaries have been console footage and most of the latest news on HomeFront has been console related. I can tell you that KAOS is not "ignoring" anybody. Digital Extremes is developing the PC version, so KAOS has always been focused on the console versions of HomeFront.

But the PC has been getting all this talk of restricted features, and atleast they know a few things long-established about the game, even if it is coming from digital boundaries. The consoles don’t even know if they will have stat tracking, a feature that games have had since Halo 2, even new IP's. The release date for UK is March 18th right deadly? (Nice name I've always wanted to say right deadly or something ending with deadly without saying stupid.)

Well I think I can help on one of your above mentioned issues: For consoles you can have up to 16 guys on your team before going into a match. Obviously Xp does not support that many in party chat and there has been no mention of party chat being non operational, so I'm 90% positive you still have that option. The 16 man teams will be able to all communicate with each other via in-game voice chat. As far as the game types, I really hope there is more than the 2 they have announced. That would tend to get old quick.

The game ships March 15th - period. No company puts out a list of EVERYTHING ahead of time or there's really not much to look forward to when you open the box. To address a few: XBL Parties work like XBL parties - group up with friends and enter Matchmaking, Game Chat supports 16 players and XBL Party Chat is enabled, stats are tracked in game through leaderboards - yes, you can add a clan tag, etc. Deep breath consolers, the game is almost here. The PC world gets a little attention and the forums turn into a storm - you try and throw a bone to a crowd that's been getting the shaft for years and the console players raise all holy hell. The game is a blast on all 3 platforms and will be in your hands on March 15th, the wait is almost over!

Most of what you ask about is already been posted on this board. 1-You can have a max group of 16 players in your matchmaking lobby and click to join a game all together. 2- Xbox only allows 8 for actual party chat so only 8 of you can use that. but if you do not use that all of you can talk over VoIP like normal folks 3-regular VoIP in game is open no squad only chat all 16 can talk to all 16 unless a few idiots are using party chat (their own choice) 4- yes there are leaderboards there was even leaderboards in testing 5- TDM, BC TDM, GC, BC GC 6- Consoles have clan tags and also have private matches