Thread: PS3 getting treyarch treatment for Homefront

PS3 getting treyarch treatment for Homefront

So I am no troll. I actually chose this game over Killzone 3. Back to topic. So let’s see PC- they get 1st person view inside vehicles and what not. XBOX- they get an exclusive map ps3- oh yes, they got the nothing. I am sorry, but this is not fair. What do we actually get? Anyone has any idea about this? If anyone find any idea any useful information for this than please provide me, because I really not understood how can I come out from this.

Re: PS3 getting treyarch treatment for Homefront

I know, I am as well a SAD PS3 owner, but THQ/KAOS are not responsible for it, they don't pay companies for stuff like Microsoft does. I heard that THQ actually wanted to make a deal with Sony at the beginning, but Sony refused and kicked them. On the other hand, Microsoft welcomed them, and gave support. Sony is only focused on Killzone 3 now, I don't play Sci-Fi shooters. As for PC, the PC community is always suffering and complaining about the half games they get from most developers these days. Most games are made for consoles and then ported to PC, and the result is a crappy version of the game for the PC. So, THQ is trying to please the PC community by giving them those extra features. I still don't think that Fist person view should be exclusive to PC, it doesn't make sense, and it’s a first person shooter game. But that’s about it for why. I love my PS3, hardware wise it’s the best console. But when it comes to online, Xbox live is much better, I guess that $60 a year does pay off quite well. I am trying to save and get a 360 besides my PS3, but still don't see the point of two consoles.

I own a PS3 and its pissing me off how Microsoft is forking out all this money for this crap. How many extra 360s do you think they sold because they get maps early, Black ops, Homefront whatever? I get where their coming from but games studios and publishers are becoming way more greedy. They sell us 60-70$ games without features that they will sell to us for extra later! And they now take bribes from the big companies to give their console something exclusive. You want to please everybody, be the one studio that offers free DLC, where every version has the same features and runs the same and doesn't get something early. I know that times are tough right now, studios closing left and right, but this is going too far. I hate to seem so negative and I'm really looking forward to Homefront, I just don't want to see a new IP lose its soul like Call of Duty did.

If you want to vent your anger at, do it on SONY. MS actually do business; they do exclusive deals with other game companies to attract people to buy the Xbox360 version. Honestly, folks. You just can't blame this kind of stuff at MS for doing a LEGIT BUSINESS. Complain at Sony. Since they don't do when it comes to exclusive ps3 stuffs on multiplatform games. It seems all they do care about is an exclusive first party games and don't give a flying jack about multiplatform games.

Agree, but still if they don't show respect to the PS3 community, that’s just not good. I didn't say give exclusives or give free DLC; I honestly don't know what they can do. The title of the thread says "ps3 getting treyarch treatment for this game" that to me makes me think of the crappy PS3 version of Black Ops. Major connection issues, frame rate issues, the game is basically garbage an un-playable. But the Xbox version is just fine. I just hope Homefront doesn't turn out like that, all platforms should be equal, with exception of the PC, and it can do better.

PS3 gets FREE online play, that's very rare if you got a 360 you know. Further more you got a number of exclusive games coming this year, like Killzone 3, and Sony don't want to compete with their own games. If they would sponsor Homefront, less people would (potentially) buy Killzone, and play Homefront instead, hence they would be paying a lot to make sure their own game sold bad, it won't happen. MS on the other hand got to make sure people won't leave the 360 for Killzone 3 (and stuff) until fall when Gears of War 3 hits the streets, and further more MS has decided to remember the PC gamers too, and Homefront is the type of Tactical FPS that people used to love on the PC, and hence make it easier for people to get a 360 to. Not to mention 360-player give MS millions of dollars each year to improve the live experience, buy exclusives and such. PSN+ gives you free games, DLC, avatar stuff while live gold don't. On the other hand on line you might get an early map pack or two, and the occasional (rare) free map. Whatever console (platform) you get you'll win some and loose some. Either gets all platforms and buys the game for the one that5 offers the most, or buys one and hopes for luck.

You know what? That whole exclusive is business, but a dirty business. Some people can't afford more than one gaming platform; some can't afford any at all. There is no reason for me to be able to enjoy Killzone 3, and all Xbox users not. No reason for Xbox users to be enjoying Halo, and I am not. No reason for people to get extra maps, and early DLC, and some don't. I think this type of deals is just silly, and in my opinion I think that this should all end someday, and all games become cross platform, and we would all be enjoying the same thing all the time. That’s the only way I see it.