Thread: Quality game vs. Quality graphics of HomeFront

Quality game vs. Quality graphics of HomeFront

So I've noticed that a lot of people are complaining about the graphics of HomeFront, and some have even passed on the game because of it. This got me thinking. What is it that makes a good game nowadays? It seems that we've been pampered so much with our fancy "next-gen" graphics in the past years that even a slight dip is damned by the masses. If you don't feel like you just took a bullet to the face, it's not good enough. But with regard to that statement, how many pretty games have you played that just weren't up to snuff? I'm sure you could name a few. I haven't gotten HF yet, but I plan to today, and from what I've heard, the gameplay is smooth, lag is almost a non-issue, even with slower connections, and one match can have up to 32 players, allowing for some chaos to ensue. Now, don't get me wrong, I love beautifully rendered maps as much as the next gamer, but at what point do you draw the line between aesthetics and functionality? Personally, I would prefer gameplay over graphics.

Re: Quality game vs. Quality graphics of HomeFront

Well then it's a damn good thing you've just talked some sense into us. Thank you for taking time out of your day to some to a forum for a game you clearly dislike to teach us oh wise one. You think hardcore mode would fix graphics and terrible gameplay? Your right, this game is amazing troll!! I love being able to hide behind fence boards and not die! Greatest perk ever. How about you get your eyes checked? Oh and I've also seen people complaining that guns are too accurate and you can drop a guy in 2-3 bullets.

If you’re going to fan boy like a little kid at least pick a decent game folks! Oh and your troll thing is silly ladies, these forums are for complaints, rants, positives, etc. Quit sitting at home eating cheese balls waiting to say troll to every comment posted. No one but you lives in a world where there are trolls. That was smooth, well said. I take gameplay over graphics also, just as long as they aren’t horrible.

Quit trying to find a trailer, you want a platform to get people to acknowledge your minute existence go to a park and chase a duck nerd. What we are talking about is graphics, hands down flat out graphics suck being on a next gen console. Go plug in Mass Effect and see what "potential" all games have. It's just a shame that companies dumb down graphics on next gen consoles then say well we went for gameplay and the gameplay isn’t a home run, period. Now if you can't process that information without wanting to say troll and ok fellow nerds who’s with me then you have bigger issues buddy. But I have a feeling you loved MAG also, and that was a supremely well made game right.

Gameplay is what matters, Crysis proved this year ago. Great graphics but non-existent AI, bad weapons and hardly balanced abilities. Then you got Games like Halo or Homefront, or even good old Battlefield series. Graphics never were the best; instead we got good online play with a minimum of lag (none), vehicles, and great gameplay that we loved and kept playing for many years, and today still go back to and play. Never even bothered to finish Crysis even though I tried twice, so incredibly boring, beautiful but boring.

I can hardly be called a fanboy if I haven’t played the game. HomeFront’s graphics and gameplay were never part of the question; it was a tad broader than that. My question sprung from people's (including yours) dislike of the game. I'm not calling you a troll for not liking the game. I AM however calling you out because you're on this forum seemingly just too badmouthing the game. if you don't like the game, I see no point to you being here other than to stir up some rage, which by my definition is a troll. Also, if you honest to goodness believe trolls don’t exist well, you need to get out from under your rock a little more often.

More "stop spraying and try to aim" then "get a better connection". I've seen a lot of gameplay where people shoot many bullets to get a kill, but they spray and get registered hits at 1/10 bullets. Those who take time to aim, and burst or shoot single rounds, kill in around 4 hits. Same number as sprayers, but they don't waste a lot of time and ammo to get the kill. I agree! I mean I love a game with good graphics but that’s not what makes a game good. It’s the overall gameplay, MP, and storyline. I mean if a game has bad graphics that doesn’t mean it’s bad. I agree the graphics aren’t that good but idc because that’s not what makes the game a good game.