Thread: Dragon Age 2 Drive not ready issue

Dragon Age 2 Drive not ready issue

Guys I have been facing some problem with the DA 2 game that I have got installed easily on my system, the thing is that whenever I to log onto my EA account I always get an error saying “Dragonage2Demo.exe - Drive Not ReadyThe Drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive A: and make sure that a disk is inserted and the drive door is closed and I get some three options to proceed, but still I am not getting to get inside my account so can someone help me to know that what is causing this problem and how can I get it solved.

Re: Dragon Age 2 Drive not ready issue

Hey dear what you must do is that you should reinstall the game again and see if you can get to access the EA account effectively after that, this is sure shot going to be a some kind of a problem in the game that is causing the error of drive not found and that by reinstalling the same you will surely get to run the game as well access the account easily, so first do this and then see what happens.

Friend can you mention some of the configuration that your system is having, many a times there is not certain that the error is through the game itself but what I think is that there could be cases where your internal hardware or the software configurations are not perfect. What I think that if you are using a Directx card then you will have to make sure that you switch to the Directx 9 as I have come to know that there is some problem if you try to run the game in the Directx 11, so first do all the changes and then see if you are able to solve the issue.

Guys I have done exactly what ever that you have mention in the above post but still I am unable to get this problem solved. I have got Windows Xp 32 bit version operating system running on my system, with the 320 GB hard disk and a directx 11 graphics card, but still I am not getting access to my EA account easily. I have even, reinstalled the game several time in the hope that it could solve the problem but still I was not able to get access to the EA account, it was continuously showing the error of drive not found, so can some one help me to know that what would be the other cause of this issue and how should I get it solved.

There could be various reason of the drive not ready issue and that you will have to check each and everything so as to rectify the same. First if all open your CPu case and check if the wire is connected to hard disk properly and that each and every other connection is perfect as well. Also, you will have to check for the exclamation or the yellow signal in the device manager which suggest that the drive is improper. For this go to the start menu and then click on control panel and then the device manager and check for the mark on the Disk drive.

Hey this usual drive not found is an error related to the Windows Operating system and that if there is some kind of a glitch in the game then you are always redirected with the Drive not found error, so what I think that if after going through all the above solutions still you are getting the error then you will have to format the hard disk in order to install the completely fresh piece of operating system and thane move ahead with the installation of the game.

Hey just to let you know i have the exact same issue but when i "try again" i log in running win7 32 bit nvidia gts 250 1024 mb card.... dual core 2.4 and only 2 gig ram... 1 TB of disk space... and the system put together in january of this year... i run crysis and crysis 2 fantastic but DA 2 uggggh...

some people seem to think its a nvidia prob with the temp freezes tho too early to tell... i see lotsa fixes for 64 bit op systems that make you roll back the driver which i have tried but in vain

I get the annoying msg everytime tried re-install --------- this is definitely not something a reformat will solve dont be led astray... its more common than you think...

I am currently trying to solve this issue as well as the temporary freeze accellerate thing that happens every 5 minutes... with no luck so far.. shoulda just bought a console version....

There might be some problem with the installer that you are using to install the game in your computer and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to install it once again but this time with a fresh installer. I wish that this will resolve the issue for you.

The "drive not ready" has been resolved with a patch.

http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches