Thread: AI bots and Split-Screen in HomeFront

AI bots and Split-Screen in HomeFront

There are a lot of people, including me, that absolutely would love to see the robots deployed to HomeFront. Sometimes I do not want to deal with human players as campers and point whores, and instead just want to pass over the bird flu in a lag free environment (although I've heard of the online experience will be soft). Also, this will be great for split screen. Is there a yay or rather HomeFront split screen? I'd be able to beat the bots on LAN with some mates and play all night. I do not want this game simply to get my stroke Internet multiplayer game, as anyone who played Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Halo: CE knows, split screen with colleagues in an explosion and I HomeFront has the ability to run this. Besides, what would be great would be a "fill-player mode" in the available player slots on a server are replaced by AI bots to the player slot is taken. This would be an amazing addition. Thoughts?

Re: AI bots and Split-Screen in HomeFront

Online AI? I'd like to play locally with AI, that you can customize their attributes to make it semi-online. I know I am making up words. I just don't want to be hiding and enemies AI are looking at me from afar. L4D has horrible AI for example. Playing online, they will kill you even if hidden on the highest rooftop in the game. I'm not sure if online A.I. is something I would like, there can be many problems and it just seems lazy. I prefer an automated team re-balance feature implemented. As far as Bots for offline play, eh I guess why not?

It would be a good addition (both split screen and bots) but personally I think that developers prefer instead to concentrate on creating a great online game that simply will not bots or make people want to play online games split screen. The key issue is balance. The ability to balance n00bs with more players ends the game, the ability to balance the teams. I like the game system allows players to earn to spend their points earned in the arms of the base equipment, like air strikes, vehicles, etc. I also like that all players start the game as equals. This should help n00bs since they are not immediately to dominated over armored the opponents weapon. I think the real challenge will be in the balance of the equipment. If a team has few players really great, could be more quickly acquire vehicles, etc and dominate the other team Warhawk lead to the assumption base rape. The concept of progress is impressive, but my main concern would be that can lead to rapid games where a team is a clear winner. You might want to make some allowances for this (possibly the core area of operations may have extra weapons or offensive weapons spawn if that team loses all points outside ... that in essence create balances the game and also becomes a strategy for the defeated team not to push too hard, because if they do, the losing team gains an advantage). I digress but I think if the game is well balanced, if they lobby for friendly matches and uber-competitive games can be named and populated, then I will be happier with the game, instead of extras such as robots or screen divided. I tend to run with a clan-oriented fun and often put games on UT3 or Warhawk which do not generate the field and try to ensure that everyone has fun, even though the switching equipment to prevent the imbalance of skills - pressure groups You can achieve this kind of play and fun a little more than robots. I think what I'm saying is "NO matchmaking." Matchmaking systems are almost always a giant.

Kaos, it would be great if you can put the cooperative during the entire match. But even more impressive would be the idea of you to be the first to allow two people to connect a single console multiplayer. AWESOME. Also, please check and double check your game before releasing it. A WATCH technical problem, laggs, cheats. Do not be just a re-make of the COD of the Ministry of Health or with a different twist. However, what your approach, we give players some extremely high quality. Win our hearts. Being one of those companies that go beyond to show us who care about our quality, which cares about his audience, who will do everything possible to fan boys and newcomers. Win our hearts, and you can have a line completely devoted and loyal customers who follow him in the sequels to come, because I trust you will do very impressive work that will be forced to do HomeFront Part 2 and 3.

I agree that a great idea, I have this problem, but a friend of mine is very bad Internet, it only works about 2 am, so bot plays games, but why not take one step further, go to YouTube and watch a video next gentactics where he talks about making a database as bungie.net, and merge it into robots for people to get the most life like experience. Even if you cannot get in this game should be developed for next year, would revolutionize (I'm not misspelled) online game.

I agree with most of the ideas here. Split screen, LAN, bots are all great ideas and keep the game in question for a long time. I even think I play co-op campaign would be a joy to play. Obviously, people would not play with random people to do this, but playing as part of the inherent strength that is part of the team and experience this dark story with a partner would be so epic and emotional.

I would love to see the robots, but I have high hopes. Good bot AI programming is incredibly difficult. Kaos benefit definitely try though as it would undoubtedly increase sales. About 30 million bot matches have been played on Black Operations so you know it is a very popular feature. There are not many games based targets have been vehicles to pull this off, but UT 3, Section 8, Kill zone 2 and 3 and Quake Wars have exceptional bots. HomeFront would be a day of purchase for my safety.