Thread: Multiplayer sniping suggestions in HomeFront

Multiplayer sniping suggestions in HomeFront

The problem I have with most First-person shooter (FPS) have is that if your sniping with one shot, one kill rifle without a silencer when you put that silencer on the damage goes down to a 2 shot kill rifle and I hope that they change that. I think the silencer should make it have less of a kick. Not to remove damage just the range that the bullet travels to.

Re: Multiplayer sniping suggestions in HomeFront

I just don't want to see Call of duty style sniping where the snipers run around the map, spin around, and still kill you without aiming through the scope! I would like to have bullet drop like in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I wish they would also make the hit boxes for enemies smaller than usually because no scopes you could hit 100 feet to the left of the target on cod and it will give you a head shot.

I laugh at the concept of silencers, suppressors, yeah maybe. I can understand their purpose for plot/game play reasons. I could go on and on about this, it’s all set up to how much realism is put into the game, Internet Explorer, a weapon of any caliber is deadly with a head shot. But I digress. Bullet drop would be excellent to balance out sniper rifles, maybe having suppressors force the rifle into having bullet drop (as is slows the bullet down) and unsuppressed rifles still be hit scan.

I’m going to start with saying, If ”HomeFront" has nearly any kind of resemblance to Call of duty quick scoping I will be trading it in seconds, BUT I very much doubt it I feel they had added a gravity engine with the snipers and I’ve heard and read that "HomeFront" Is not jumping on the COD Bandwagon, Call of duty black ops what a shambles of a game its awful Tryarch could make a game if their lives depended on.

Snipers should be one shot kills to the chest and head, suppressed or not. At the same time they themselves should be barely armored so in that sense would be one shot kills them. I would love to see HomeFront be a game where sniping is pretty much useless. But that’s just me and my opinion that sniping ruins games. I wouldn’t say that sniping ruins games. It’s the way some people use the sniping mechanics in games is what actually ruins it.

Took this from an article online, I hope to answer some questions. "Whether a silencer affects the accuracy, power or range depends on building decent Eagle provides an overview of modern baffle mufflers silencers can be separated into two types; .. Those who touch the bullet passing through and those do not. silencers using rubber disks called wipes touch the bullet and slow it down, this also reduces power and can make such poor accuracy that is only good for close work. The rubber pads are effective in noise suppression firearms low power because it actually closed a bit after the bullet passes and help decrease the gas flow. But after a dozen rounds of the wipes are so damaged that begin to make more noise and become useless after a while. Do a search of the gun or Silence Welrod puppy, using rubber discs were not strong at all and could not reach the broad side of a barn. Modern mufflers (and conducted by Maxim 100 years ago) using cone-shaped metal (or K, M-shaped or inclined) baffles to divert the flow of gas as a muffler to pass directly from a car. Although less effective than a silencer-equipped with towels, which will last thousands of rounds, if not overheat. Generally, the screw in the mouth, but some telescope on the barrel or barrel are integral (sometimes covers). A modern muffler equipped with baffles that is mounted correctly (i.e. directly) usually does not adversely affect accuracy, except in the most accurate rifles. Will affect the point of impact, adding weight to the barrel and change the way you move backward. A muffler that telescopes into the barrel and applied stress can make the rifle more accurate. Because a gas muffler traps for a moment as the bullet passes through, the speed can increase up to 1%, an insignificant amount. This entire means is that it reduces the speed or power of the bullet. Some barrels are kept to allow the gases to dissipate in the back of the muffler, this slows the bullet and reduce the power but is more a function of barrel muffler. Removal of firearms carried guns are some of the less noisy. Some people like to say that the use of a silencer reduces the range for subsonic ammunition should be used to eliminate the noise of bullets flying. This is absolutely false. Because only a muffler reduces noise and muzzle blast does no action against noise or the sound of the bullet, which remain highly effective even in high-powered rifles. Because most subsonic ammo uses less dust than their counterpart full power, the recoil is not as strong. Less dust, less noise, it's that simple. Federal law does not prohibit the ownership by unlicensed civilians, but only 37 states allow unlicensed civilians to own. ATF authorization routine and a tax of $ 200 are required before making or buying. Hope this helps. "

I hate sniping in FPS gaming. So far, in my opinion, not a single sniper FPS game has come right. And I'm not talking about "realism", but the balance. The problem is that too many people are fascinated with snipers, probably because they see it as a way to be able to get kills without exposing themselves to danger as well as the frontline troops. And as k / D is "king" when it comes to bragging rights, it tends to be much easier to get a high k / D when the snipe when they do not. That's all well and good for DM type games, but snipers target ruins the play based on the vast majority of snipers, whether in attack or defense, or actually indifferent to win the game and instead to discuss its platform statistics. When it comes to sniping, I would like to see more things to do: First is the balance between lethality and ease of use. If a sniper rifle can kill with one blow to the body or head, then you better make it more difficult to use, with a slower rate of fire. That means barrel domain unless you hold your breath and not moving in the prone position, the physics of bullet travel time, slow recharge time, being knocked out of reach if you get hit or an explosive near you goes, the wind age adjustment, etc. Secondly, they must be mechanisms for detecting snipers to avoid the problem of the Ministry of Health have 12 sniper camping equipment kills in objective ways. That means either a death chamber, a significant vapor trail, seeing as in the BF series, or some other mechanism to detect snipers. Thirdly, I would like to see a system which limits the number of shooters per team. If we're playing 16 against 16, I think a reasonable limit would be 4 shooters per team. Not sure how to implement this fully, but there's nothing worse than being on offense in a game based on objective and looking over and seeing his team 1.2 to sniper a mile away from the targets. Fourth, the map design should not allow long lines snipers overlooking bottlenecks to get easy kills without having alternative routes and anti-sniper tools like smoke grenades work, stunning / flashbangs, etc.

Very well said. I love sniping in games. Great fun. How to kill a long shot at an innocent person or to save a teammate is impressive. But you put it perfectly. I think there are only certain “romantic” images of a sniper. Lone Wolf, the one man army, which requires skill, enables them to play God. As I said, I love to snipe. And in the reconstruction of the BC2 class field with the sniper rifle is actually the kind of play with the best (though the engineer is a close second and I'm learning the ropes of being a doctor), but I can play the other classes. If you need a doctor I'm on it. If we take and the objective or the enemy has a lot of vehicles I am an engineer of spawning. But nobody else does. I cannot stand to play hard for this. Regular basis is generally lower qualified members dealing with the different classes so they can experience and unlock things. When I try to play in hardcore mode EVERY person in my computer is a sniper each spawning. I am crazy. And everyone thinks you're a blessing in Knife sniper.