Thread: Anyone else disappointed with Homefront

Anyone else disappointed with Homefront

I must say I was truly excited concerning this game, but very disappointment, not even the MP server fiasco but the game generally was just sub-par for the hype and reviews. Really now I don’t want to play this game anymore. Anyone else also crying? What you all thoughts about this? What’s your opinion about this? Please provide me some hint and some idea about this and provide your thoughts about this game. Thanking you in advance.

Re: Anyone else disappointed with Homefront

Here I just want to tell you as per your question. No one’s crying, you’re mistaken, I am voicing my opinion so hopefully more people don’t make the same mistake that I did is all. Not crying at all, did you make the game because you seem to be very offended by me talking crap about, talk about crying? Maybe if I get really stoned I will actually enjoy it. I wish you get my point clearly.

70% of the persons who have noted on this type of topic are precisely what is mistaken with games today. You pay 70 bucks for a game which has a short crusade, appalling graphics, terrible hit detection, listless movements, and crappy party options. After that you say, well they will fix the majority of that so I am ok with it. I hate people like you. You are the cause these developers can put out a subpar game with lots of "fixes" and feel good about it. For those of you who think this is a fine game, you should in fact take a look at the masses and observe that the stock of THQ went down 25% even though this was their major preordered game ever. This game is garbage. I will just stick with BOs and Battlefield Bad Company 2 till Battlefield 3 comes out.

Not at all, the storyline is actually more factually possible than any one I have seen recently. The single player is very intense, just a little too short. Being on the short end was a VERY different perspective than the usual FPS. The MP game play is fantastic. As smooth if not smoother than any other FPS out there. Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield has all had MP server issues in the past. Keep in mind, this game was not released at the usual Call of Duty time frame (holidays) THQ just was a bit too conservative in their estimates. It’s an easy fix and should be handled quickly. There are Devs who have been much worse than THQ. The Game is phenomenal and has great potential. It simply eclipses Call of Duty Black Ops.

I would have to say I really enjoyed the game, but I wasn't superbly impressed by anything in particular. Because of the nature of the game (And a bay area native), I think it was a bit more emotionally engaging although rather predictable. It felt slightly unpolished and the single player was way too short, I beat it in less than 5 hours on Normal. For $50 on steam, I say it was well worth my money (as I enjoy the MP), but I do feel like the unpolished nature of the game made me a bit sad (Weird bugs, optimization, strange collisions). It makes me sad that developers cannot get games out in the allotted amount of time with a high degree of polish, which can very often just come down to money, and staff. All in all, I am very impressed at the level in which it competes compared to games with huge budgets (cough, Call of Duty).

Short answer, yes I am disappointed with the game. Longer answer is, I really wish the game goes through a series of patches, both to game balance and game performance. There is a great multiplayer game in there somewhere; it's just not there yet. I know the graphics won't be as good as Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (the games real competition) but it looks good enough, and the in game gear/points/buy on the fly system is really neat.