Thread: After killing enemy’s, ammo refills automatically in Homefront

After killing enemy’s, ammo refills automatically in Homefront

So you guys have all seen then new Xbox trailer. I was watching it and noticed something cool. Go to 0:47. You will see a guy sniping an enemy. Watch at the bottom right where it shows that the guy has 25 bullets, no C4 and, no frags left. Now keep watching and you will see that right after he kills him, his ammo (including C4 and frags) refills. I am guessing this is some kind of perk which refills your ammo if you kill someone. What do you think about this?

Re: After killing enemy’s, ammo refills automatically in Homefront

Sounds a bit too arcade for this type of game, instant ammo refill after certain number of kills. Maybe someone behind resupplied. Also I think Kaos said there would be a quick button (on the directional pad) for your favorite purchase with Battle points, so maybe he just hit that button and got resupplied. Or maybe I think it was simply a god mode thing for the footage. Many of the other videos made CHEFS have stated that the player had god mode. Hopefully, he can clarify this when he gets back.

Recoil is a nice feature to use to balance weapons against each other, but it can easily be replaced with bullet spread instead. Some muzzle lift would be nice, but thinking this is the military, a lot of these guns would have muzzle breaks. Which cancels out that lift. Bullet spread would be nicer. And to the guy going nuts over the topic, calm down. No one wants to listen to people who flame. Mind you, I am old enough that my first experience in FPS games wasn't with the Battlefield, Call of Duty, or Medal of Honor series, so maybe that alters my perceptions compared to you youngsters.

I am not judging the game so much as I am judging Kaos. Homefront does seem like a good game, and I am giving it a lot of interest as one of my top games this year (Along with Killzone 3 and Crysis 2). However, I am indeed getting absolutely sick of all these game developers giving into the Casual Gamers demands about having low recoil. What happened to the good old days of 555-5555 when most games had plenty of recoil and required skill to be successful at them? Nowadays the skill has been replaced by things like low recoil, perks and of course things like Call of Duty's Killstreak and Medal of Honors Score chains.

Whatever happened to the golden days before recoil was put in the games? I remember those days. Quite fondly even. All that mattered was your ability to aim and your ability to dodge projectiles. Hits can weapons were special because of their hits can properties, they weren't just the norm. Hell, hits can weapons are such a norm right now that most people don't even know what the term means.

I just found something also; it’s kind of hard to see. If you click on like 55 second right after he kills that guy and right when it is switching to the next screen you will see something pop up (it like between 56 and 57 sec) but is says kill streak but it is something weird and I cannot figure out what it is. Look and tell me what you think. I am wondering if it is just telling you that hey you’re on a kill streak but the picture above it I don't know what that is for.

From about: 55 to: 58, you see several things. On the top left of the screen, it alerts you as to when you have been marked by a drone. I can already tell this will create a sense of panic, and/or urgency. You can see a 5 star system on the top of the screen appear, with one star highlighted, saying he needs two kills to get to the next level. I'm assuming the next star. He as well ranks up to Corporal I. Inferring that each rank has a series to it. IE: Corporal I, II, and III. It also alerts you as you rank up, in-game. A feature I always loved. Then, just as the screen fades, it says the player has earned a Killstreak, and 2 enemies have been alerted. Sounds like the opposing team is alerted upon your successes.