Thread: Homefront: Xbox exclusive

Homefront: Xbox exclusive

I just heard this Xbox exclusive that Xbox Live and major nelson presently proclaimed an exclusive MP map for the 360 spectators and the first crack at DLC! Is this true or I can say on which level this is true? Anybody else has any idea or has any information about this? What you all thought about this? Because I really not understood this thing. If anyone has any idea or any information about this than, please share with me.

Re: Homefront: Xbox exclusive

While I play games on my Xbox (the computers I use are Macs), and while I understand that M$ pays for the right to get certain things first, it does seem somewhat over the top to pay for a deal that gets you an exclusive map. But let's not forget that THQ and/or KAOS agreed to do it. It takes two to tango. Obviously M$ wanted to make a deal for exclusive content, but they had to have a partner to make it happen. Sorry to my PC and PS3 brethren, it kind of screws you and it is pretty sketchy. But I guess all is fair in love and war.

There are difference between some PC elitist and most 360 players I am getting the game on 360, but I think it's shady that there is an exclusive deal which leaves out PC and PS3 and so on. It should be equal and even for all platforms. Now had this been a PC exclusive or better deal in their favor. The majority PC players and especially here would be like “ha, ha that’s what you console idiots get and so on”.

The only reason the current PC stuff is even remotely acceptable at the moment is because the PC version is being developed by Digital Extremes instead of Kaos, so it's more of a third party add-on. It's not something developed by Kaos Studios specifically for one platform. Even then I wouldn't exactly say it's a favorable position. But I wouldn't exactly expect you to understand the concepts of logic and reason when you jump at every chance you can to bash PC players and try and start the pc v console fights over and over again.

Honestly, if I were a PC gamer, the game I would be most anticipating this year would be Red Orchestra 2, since it is a PC-only game that looks absolutely amazing. Given that one of my Macs is getting kind of old, I was toying with the idea of getting a PC and making it into a super high end gaming computer. The reality of the market is that games are now designed with consoles in mind first and then ported to PCs. PC gamers may not like that, and probably for good reason, but that is the reality.

I couldn't care less about graphics, which is why you see me playing games such as Twin Sector, Amnesia, Penumbra, Mirror's Edge, and so on. The actual concept behind the game has to be interesting (such as this game's concept), while Red Orchestra is a purely historical World War II FPS game the likes of which I have already played a dozen times before. I have no interest in it, no matter how much you suggest blindly that I should.

Money talks! I am not surprised at all; it sucks, but should not come as a shock to anyone. If you were developing a game and Microsoft was going to throw money at you for doing something extra, why would you NOT take it? Its business and it makes sense. Sure the PS3 (and PC) players now 'lose' a map and have to wait for the DLC, but it's not that really big of a deal. I just hope the PS3 version is playable, unlike Blobs (where as the 360 version is smooth). The 360 players pay to play online, so they expect (and get) a better online experience because of it. Those of us playing online for free should be happy we can do just that!