Thread: Exclusive Multiplayer Map for the Xbox 360 in Homefront

Exclusive Multiplayer Map for the Xbox 360 in Homefront

Got to love how developers / publishers value of money over the people who will go out and buy and actually play their game and will decide whether or not Homefront will have a sequel. But, I think it wasn't a matter of money, but exposure. Microsoft really helped push Homefront out, and chose to support them even though it was a brand new IP. I've seen a lot of coverage on the X-Box LIVE dashboard, along with Xbox. What you guys thought about this? What’s your opinion about this? Please just share your idea and opinion with me. Thanking you.

re: Exclusive Multiplayer Map for the Xbox 360 in Homefront

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the whole thing about money. Do you really think that Microsoft would be involved in this process if they did not believe it could bring the developer/title more players? Which platform will sell more copies and generate more revenues for the company? if you can exclusively only do one of them and be assured exposure and tons of extra customers? At what point did anyone here not think that these developers weren't going to take the same steps that most other companies follow? Sometimes I just don't get you people.

I for one am so glad Microsoft dropped that million dollar check in my personal account! It really helps me with my conscience when I purposefully go out of my way to discriminate against non-Xbox owners. Come on, really? You guys kill me. Personally, I'm a pc gamer anyway, so, just so happy to be rich! Come on, we need all the support we can get, no matter where it comes from! By the way, let me know when I can start that sequel since it's up to you.

I really wish more people would read this and understand it. This is no different than what's happening with Valve and Sony right now. Sony is supporting Valve by letting them do what they want with their game on their platform, where Microsoft is saying no. That is why Portal 2 will have Steam works on PS3 and cross platform play with PC players. I don't blame Kaos or Valve for their actions; they were offered support and in return gave something back. You scratch my back I will scratch yours, happens all the time.

Fair enough Chefs. To add my input, I will agree with over person and any PS3 users that it bored to not get a map, but as I am a marketing grad I always have the gift (curse?) of seeing these decisions from that standpoint as well. KAOS is not a huge studio, and this is only their second game. Having Microsoft come and say "hey, if you give us an exclusive map and some early DLC we will give you some money and help you market Homefront," it would seem like a no-brainer to take that help.

Yea but see there's a difference here. PC players can make their own maps if they really wanted to, Xbox players can't make Steam works for 360. At least you have the option do something about what's sucking, were we have no option because MS doesn't want to open up XBL to developers. People need to see that KAOS needs to make money so they can pay people to make games. Let people cry all they won't.

Re: Exclusive Multiplayer Map for the Xbox 360 in Homefront

No they can't the only mod support this game is getting is allowing PC player who admin servers the ability to control access and kick some players. They as well have some maintained tools if they are so technically inclined and other ways to make very small modifications. But PC players cannot make whole maps like they used to before DLC became a business strategy. Unless you know something I don't know there will be no ability for PC players to design their own maps.