Thread: Loving the game HomeFront, but I have two monster concerns. (Damage + Snipers)

Loving the game HomeFront, but I have two monster concerns. (Damage + Snipers)

The game overall in highly enjoyable, but I can't help but feel that people die far too easily! It takes 2 bullets to the chest without armor, and 3 with. This more than likely HAS to be changed, because it's leading to the majority of the game sniping and really destroying good gameplay. Nearly every climbable roof/tower has a sniper because it's stupidly easy to use. 90% of the time it's a 1 shot kill. I highly feel that the amount of bullets needed to kill someone should be boosted to somewhere between 4-6 and the power of snipers reduced to help improve gameplay and more importantly longevity. I can’t stress enough, I HIGHLY enjoy the game, but these fixes would make the game SO much more enjoyable for the majority.

Re: Loving the game HomeFront, but I have two monster concerns. (Damage + Snipers)

You're kidding right about cod taking a clip? I thought you died fast in cod, and then HomeFront came out. Games in which you die very fast is catered to the skilless. The people that NEED to see them first so they should kill them first kind of attitude. Skill has left MP PC gaming. Even Crytek ruined the skill that was in Crysis 1 with the demo they put out of Crysis 2. I just played some tonight with you flickenmaster. I know how you play and why you don’t want damage changed. You sit as far away as possible lying prone with your M110.

Re: Loving the game HomeFront, but I have two monster concerns. (Damage + Snipers)

How is more accurate weapon lethality catering to the skill-less? It creates a need to use cover more effectively, forces to the player to be aware of their surroundings, and aim quickly. There have been many times when someone has had the drop on me and shot first but I still killed them. I think the problem isn't with HomeFront it is with people playing this game as though it were some other yet unnamed FPS franchise.

Yes, do something about the sniping (2 shot kill is fine for a bolt action rifle, not for a frigging semi auto spam rifle with 10 rounds in the mag) and weapon damage in general (pro tip just add exponentially more recoil after the 2-3rd shot and a ton of spread after 3-4th shot). This game is getting seriously trashed on the major gaming forums right now because of the sniping; public opinion is swaying against this game really fast.

Damage is too high. The Flak Jacket upgrade does almost nothing. Yes, high damage games cater to the skill-less, like someone else said. Why? It means your aiming can be poorer... you don't have to put as many bullets on target. The game also comes down to "Who can spot whom first?", which makes gameplay camper-friendly. I should be able to sprint from cover to cover, take a bullet or two, let my health regen, and find you. Right now that's not really possible. Any old noob can get 1-3 bullets down range on his low-recoil rifle and you're a goner. Why is it that in almost every other FPS, I have a 3-1 kd/r but in HomeFront it's more like 1-1? I'll tell you why. It's because the game puts noobs on equal footing with good players by lowering the skill ceiling.

Hi All, How about people use the equipment provided in game to help them deal with snipers and campers? E.g. spotting drones, air support, personal UAVs etc. People could play as a team and some could spot and some could use ground drones, tanks, etc to check the way ahead and to transport them through infested areas? Let’s be imaginative is what I suppose I am saying. It doesn’t sound as though the game is designed for people to just run around without a bit of planning and a degree of strategy might be required. It sounds as though this game is exactly what I want. Don’t change a thing.

There isn't anything wrong with the damage model. There are a couple of ACTUAL issues that need some addressing. Guns are too accurate when moving. There are no limits on the number of each class on a server. This is the biggie, and it's one that was figured out a decade ago. You limit the number of snipers you can have, you decrease the complaints. Complete lack of designated squads. This would help the team play aspect at least a bit. Hammer home the idea that this is supposed to be a team game. Say you have two squads per team, that's sixteen on a side, eight in a squad, one sniper on each. You'd instantly halve the number of snipers. Keep in mind, I'm a sniper. It's the only thing I'm good at because I've NEVER had twitch skills. That said, I keep busy, which brings me to. Stop calling it "sniper". Put a lower powered scope on it and call it a designated marksman rifle. Slightly less range, so no half-map shots. Do that and the rest follows.