Thread: What are the odds in HomeFront

What are the odds in HomeFront

I'm calling it now. Every game is going to be full of snipers because of the long side lines. Question is, how long will it take for the game to level out with a balance of players using different kits? Not long I hope. I don’t know man I am not going to Snipe, and camping doesn't seem like a good idea in this game with spotting drones and such. I already brought this up before and according to the developers sitting a thousand miles from the objective just don’t work because of map design and the point’s mechanic.

Re: What are the odds in HomeFront

I don’t think it will be as "campy" as other games. The sniping in this game looks fast and accurate. The good snipers are going to be mobile mid - long range support players most likely watching objectives and calling out enemy pressure group. It doesn’t look like it takes a whole lot to drop someone though and AR will probably be able to pick people apart fast. It doesn’t seem like the game is meant to be able to hold down an area and spawn camp the enemy type of game play.

I think sniping will be much easier on this because of the recone drone, a sniper would see the red diamond and simply wait until he came out of cover and if the battles are so intense then likely the run'n'gunners won’t be in cover much. If snipers could hide from the drone it would unbalance the game. As big as the maps seem to be the ability to use a long range weapon and be invisible would break the game to the point that 80% of the players would pick a sniper kit just for the invisibility.

I'm sorry, but the whole point of sniping, is to be a sneaky bastard. If you can't be one, what's the point? Snipers are already balanced because of the speed of the game and the objective based game types. Being 300 yards away might get u a kill here or there but it's not going to win you a match when a whole team is capturing objectives. Imagine an unorganized team of all random peeps all trying to snipe. They would just get owned and loose. Does anyone know what the end result of a match is? Do we get XP for a win? This would also help balance the game and actually make people want to go after objectives. With wins you should progress and unlock stuff faster. You should still get Xp and BP during a match, but there should be some sort of Xp bonus for winning a match. I think you have to have the hide from drone ability for the simple facts that it makes people have to choose between using it or something else. Maybe the ability cost for it will take all your ability points.

I take it none of you played frontlines? I also take it none of you have participated in the poll on the main page on the subject of this very subject? 29% of over 800 people said they are a sniper style. The remaining 71% were run and gunners. Take into effect that sniping is usually very slow, precision game play not designed for capturing points or getting massive kill value, but rather a high kill: death ratio. Take into effect that those who defect from COD & Battlefield will most likely be using assault rifles and machine guns. take into effect that when there is a mass amount of snipers, a lot of people usually break off into using an assault rifle to capture points for easy Xp (or in this case, BP). Taking down a sniper really isn't all that hard. Being a sniper myself I know this especially, as anyone with a rifle who manages to flank my field of vision long range can often sneak up on me short-medium range and own me because I have a chance to get a precision aim on them. Also, the devs have confirmed the maps aren't going to be entirely huge areas. Some maps aren't going to be suited to snipers at all for the most part. While some are, the majority of most maps will allow for adequate movement between zones even when not in a vehicle to prevent being exposed from a sniper all the time. And even then, if there IS a high ratio of snipers: assaulters, the snipers can easily counter-snipe the snipers. Again, as a sniper, I'm always counter sniping snipers.

Sniping will not be so effective against drones, tanks and Apache attack choppers. I think the strength of this game will be in how you are pretty much forced to evolve during a match and have to choose how to spend your Battle Points wisely in order to counter the ever changing dynamic of other players spending their Battle Points and buying tanks and such. In short, snipers will not get away with sniping for long periods without having to change their approach from time to time. Same goes for campers. I think that the balance of this multiplayer is going to take many by surprise.

Here has to be a counter to the drones to balance the game play. We keep giving the example for snipers, but it’s really for everyone. If you can't hide from the drones then again the game looses a little bit more of the tactical elements that the other games have. Call Of Duty has a counter UAV, or an ability to be undetected. I just don't see how you could have one without the other. Losing the ability to sneak around the battlefield is going to turn this into another Halo. You might as well give me a shield.