Thread: Dragon Age 2 Error : Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported

Dragon Age 2 Error : Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported

I am having one issue which is related to the Dragon Age 2 as my game is not working. Whenever i am trying to get it working it throws error message i.e. "Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported". I have never see this error before so have no idea about same. If you are having any knowledge about the error and solution for same then do let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dragon Age 2 Error : Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported

First of all i need to know what is yours system configuration. Also let me know whether you have installed any windows update for your PC? If you have downloaded any latest update then do let me know about the Update. And also navigate to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msxml3.dll and let me know what version of MSXML your system is running. So if you can then provide me all this information so that i can give you proper solution with the same.

Re: Dragon Age 2 Error : Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported

First of all thanks for the quick response which you are talking about. As per your requirement here i am posting my detailed specification which you can go through and find it helpful for you. Just check the configuration of my system here. Also let you know that i have enabled the automatic updates which downloads the update automatically.

• Windows Vista 64 bit
    • Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz
    • RAM 4GB
    • NVidia 8800GTS 512MB.

It seems that game is not showing the compatibility with the MSXML file and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. I will advise you to check for the latest version of MSXML file and install the same to work with the same. Also i will advise you to install the latest graphic driver which might be causing the issue that you are running through. So if you can then go through the same and get it working for you.