Thread: Hackers in Homefront

Hackers in Homefront

I just see one video, I can’t believe that, before the game starts, the hackers come. It clearly shows that hacking just starts in the Homefront. It is really nice game, I mean I like this game while seeing 1st video, but now what? Anyone else ever seen this? just check the video. If anyone else has any idea or any information about this than, please give me or if has any video like this than also share with me.

Re: Hackers in Homefront

This is why competitive console gaming is a joke, sure, PC has cheaters too, I would even say it has more cheaters, but when you see one, you know their days are numbered before their Steam account is permanently branded as a cheater and they have to shell out $50 and make a new account if they want to play again. (Player-run dedicated servers alleviate the time between when they cheat and get banned). It amazes me that people actually PAY to play multiplayer on Xbox 360, if I was paying for such a service I would expect nothing less than dedicated servers for every game and zero cheaters (which isn't unreasonable since the hardware is locked down). On the other hand, you saved a few hundred dollars by not getting a gaming PC, congratulations!

That's a common misconception; VAC bans are heavily delayed in order to stifle cheat development as well as to instill paranoia and pessimism. But I do agree with ya that it kind of sucks that it doesn't stop the cheaters from ruining your game to begin with, but that's what player-administrated dedicated servers are for (and votekicking). Read the VAC if you want proof that it works, plenty of idiots claiming they didn't cheat (Googling their username will often bring up cheat websites). The only thing the Xbox can do is ban the cheater's console's serial number, and assuming they have a JTAG, a new one can be generated instantly (potentially getting legit players banned). It's not like those bans are instant either.

And this was is why I got me the PS3 and MAG, If only you knew the amount of waste. I saw in Modern Warfare 2. 2 friends and I got in the first 8000 for Total Kills at the end of November that equivalent year I discontinued playing Modern Warfare 2, because even the Leader Boards had waste on them for the first 10+ Pages with idiots max prestige level and like Zero Time played. I can only hope that the HF 360 and PS3 Servers will have a good Protection system since they are dedicated servers.

I can't really speak on PS3 or MAG as I don't own that console or game, although the recent private key cracking has made cheating on the PS3 as easy (in some cases even easier, in some harder) as cheating is on PC. Dedicated servers are only slightly less susceptible to cheating than listen servers (p2p), this is a misinterpretation from things PC gamers say, as dedicated servers on PC are often run by players and clans, who are free to ban whichever players they want from their server for whatever reason (or no reason at all). Dedicated servers on consoles are typically not administered, unless MAG was different (as I said, I'm ignorant about that game, so I could be wrong).

Out of those I only played Modern Warfare 2 online for a considerable time. No, I never saw any kind of obvious Mod. Glitching is an entirely different thing. Glitches are found in most games eventually. The exploits on Modern Warfare 2 simply made the cheaters easy to find, dropping care packages in all the usual places, running around with a launcher. As I typically play with a complete team. It was simple to beat such persons. At all times highly funny listening to them mouth off in the lobbies later. I think I have seen a few lag switching; lag can't be accident that lots of times! But it is so uncommon I don't give it much thought. Other games I cannot comment.

Each platform vulnerable to fraud, some more than others. PC is the most susceptible to fraud, but also the most battle-hard against it, clean code is usually created (non-port) is a way that makes cheating harder and less effective (as the player does not send a position player who did not see the player, reducing effectiveness of the wall hacks). There are as well a countless of anti-cheat software that practically eliminates the player from cheating in the long term. In addition, there is a culture of strong anti-fraud, where the server administrator will share details of players who cheat one another, which is a miracle to stop cheating in the short term. On consoles, the developers are frequently below the vision that they are coding for the platform is not possible to cheat on (usually from the misinformation of the console manufacturer) so they do not have to make some effort to code with the intent to stop cheaters (cheaters can be character development is set back in MW2 a good example). The fact that the hardware is locked to fraud is rare, but it also means it will be easier for cheaters to go with it. Dedicated servers are very effective against lag switch, with the proper clean code, lag one player will not affect the other, in many cases they actually make them easier to shoot, since switch lag lead players to stop moving / shooting / etc. I think lag switch is a separate issue from the restraint.