Thread: Homefront: Dedicated servers for Xbox and server browser

Homefront: Dedicated servers for Xbox and server browser

I am playing Homefront. I love to play this particular game on the Xbox of mine. Well I have come over here to ask a question in this particular forum. I want to know whether there is a server browser as we know for the PC games as well as Console. Also what is difficulty in order to put the server browser in order to console games? If I am not wrong I will be able to get the server browser for the computer but not for the console. Any speculation on this thing would be highly appreciated.

Re: Homefront: Dedicated servers for Xbox and server browser

I think the thing which you have asked over here is quite ridiculous. I think it is quite stupid if we are looking to rent the server for us. I let you know that I am totally hardcore gamer. Well I have already around 50 dollars to purchase any game. However I am also playing around 45 dollars in order to play the game online. Hence I am not going to hesitate when I wanted to pay some more X amount for Homefront.

I would like to say the console version will never have server browsers at all. I think its just mismatching between CoD or badcompany games. You will be able to choose the desired game mode as well as map and simply click on the button and you will be redirected to the game rooms. It’s like the rolling the device. There would be nothing like renting or hosting for the server consoles. All the features which you have mentioned are associated with PC only.

The consoles are not using the P2P system. Well P2P means Peer 2 Peer but not the Peer 2 Server. I think PC is the Platform where you will be able to get Peer 2 server on very large scale. Well I have seen that some games are having ps3 and which will be having Peer 2 Server. It will not have many. So you will not be able use browsers on the console of yours. So just forget about that particular thing.

I think there would be an option fee which is associated for the computer games. For that particular thing you have to rent a server. I have found that many free random server in the game which you can for all the other games. You need to have any rights to get the same. I am suspecting that console will not have any ability to access that dedicated feature which are provided by the server. So you need not to have hosting or server browser in the game.

Well I have seen that dedicated servers should have lag and ability to customize the experience in this particular game. well this might not be true for the PC version. Personally I am not having any idea regarding the console browser. I am using consoles to play the various games only. I this thing is done by developer in order to earn the lots o f money. We’ll see what developers is going to do in this particular matter.