Thread: Cancelling the preorder for HomeFront

Cancelling the preorder for HomeFront

Hey guys - I've been so looking forward to this game till yesterday. I've just watched some new vids on IGN and there are a few major problems I have.
    1-The graphics - I know graphics in a game aren't the be all and end-all but these look terrible for a game being released in 2011 - And don’t throw the old excuse of this is old footage because it's not, I mean why on earth would Kaos release old footage (if it is) to a major site like IGN to promote there new game (they've really put me off).
    2-The game play - Is it just me or does the gameplay look extremely 'clunky'?? I mean I love all fps game's but I love the game play of some more than others - Killzone 3 / BFBC 1& 2 are great games but are hindered by slow clunky turning and nasty aiming down sights compared to the smoothness and fluincy of CoD (I'm not a CoD fan boy but in my opinion they have the best controls) - and believe me so many people get put off from good games because of the controls - lots of my friends from CoD bought BFBC and killzone 2 only to trade a few days later because of poor controls.
    Going from this new footage I'm seriously tempted to cancel my pre-order from play.com and order Crysis 2 instead as I played the beta for the last time the other day and the controls seemed smoother to the 1st time I downloaded it and I was blown away by the map Pier 17.

Re: Cancelling the preorder for HomeFront

There are numerous threads about the bad video quality. I suggest going to game trailers, open up two browsers and open an HD video of sun lit map in HomeFront and then do the same with Black Ops in the other window. All your worries will go away. I know mine did. I think the majority of the videos have been captured at a low video quality. HomeFront looks as good if not better than Black Ops.

Why it is that everyone who is determined to cancel a pre-order or refuse to buy feels the necessity to make a thread about it? The videos on Game spot and IGN today do not do the game any justice unfortunately but I've seen and played MP up close and personal and I've seen the SP played by media at the HomeFront event I attended also. I can't stress this anymore as one gamer to another - the game is very detailed and runs smoother than your average Battlefield games, but if you choose to cancel your pre-order off the result of some bad Internet videos - To each his own.

I've got to admit the MP footage I have seen from a few weeks back looks more detailed than the new sp vids - I hope you're right because I'm super excited about this game but I’m fed up with getting burnt when it comes to multiplayer games - Control wise does it compare more to the movement of CoD or bad company when aiming down sights etc - do u have to strafe aim to get your red dot perfectly lined up or is it smoother like CoD where u can just gently move the analogue stick for fine aiming adjustments?

The controls and the response are similar to Call of Duty. With the objective is well. No strafing necessary. As I said these videos do not do justice to the game any mishap. I've been playing all my life and I am a long time FPS player and I'm sure the game is fine - it's just bad video. The same thing happened with Halo Reach, it is not uncommon for many titles when transmitted through the Internet to find videos at low resolution. However, I am not a fan boy is bleeding and so I would tell you to make the decision on his own and not the basis for entry of any person, including myself. It all depends on you.

I am a player too long (Duckula and Batman have in my games ever commadore64) and generally have a good sense of the trial when it comes to my purchases, but with so many options out this year (mostly fps wise) who want to make the right decision -. From what I've seen the multiplayer mode is excellent and I am sure the SP will be good enough for playing time through (on hardest difficulty, of course). I'm not sure why these sites do not upload videos as bad - it gives many people the wrong idea and shame that such - only 4 weeks to the day here in the UK to HomeFront is out and even then may stuck in the line looking sexy.