Thread: Will HomeFront smash COD and Battlefield

Will HomeFront smash COD and Battlefield

I say yes. I believe that this is a brand new style of warfare gaming we will see. As we can see this game will cause a lot of Fangasams but the one thing that triggers me is real proper vehicle warfare. Honestly I’m sick of vehicles being killstreak rewards but in this you can acutely buy the vechial and use it right off the bat. I believe that Battlefield will be humiliated by this and COD will die the minute people play this. Cause you look at it. Most FPS games we see either come from Treyarch, Infinty ward (now respawn entertainment) or the people who made battlefield. This will be interesting to see what THQ will do with a FPS this time around. I'm certainly looking forward to it. I believe that Battlefield will be humiliated by this.

Re: Will HomeFront smash COD and Battlefield

I seriously doubt that. Battlefield has been doing vehicle warfare for a long time and is simply the best at it. I am a Battlefield player and the huge battles and vehicles are what got me interested in HomeFront. I will play HomeFront alongside Bad Company 2. Hopefully the vehicle warfare in HomeFront will be great, but it will take a lot to be better than Battlefield. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I hope that a lot of people come and play this game with us, because I believe it will be good. Call of Duty killer? I hope not. Call of Duty gets all of its sells because it is easy, it’s not hard for a 10 year old to pick it up and go positive, it doesn’t take too much thinking to play it. If this game kills Call of Duty then it will have a community of people that try to exploit and hack everything that they can, that’s the reason I don’t play Call of Duty games anymore, and so I don’t want it here.

Yeah Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a really good game but if you’re playing alone it really blows. I’m not playing games much anymore because all really have is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and I don’t want to join a clan. When this game comes out I hope that I can get on and play by myself while still having fun, like I did in Call of Duty, but I also hope it requires more skill and thought than Call of Duty. In my mind that’s a pretty balanced game, and something I would be proud to own.

I doubt this will be better than battlefield 2, but it might go toe to toe with bad company 2. It’s too arcade looking to match a pure BF game. Being a better game than call of duty at this point is like being better than mentally challenged kids at writing novels, it’s not exactly a far cry to do so; call of duty has fallen a long way and has only survived this long on brand recognition and marketing - same thing that medal of honor has survived on. I think after Modern Warfare 3 the Call of Duty series will likely die out, I own the games and I like them well enough - but the quality has gone down without a doubt, the kind of game they are delivering would've still been acceptable in 07/08 when console programming was only in its summer season, but not anymore I think. HomeFront I think will likely be a better single player game than multiplayer, I think the points system is going to be too arcade and will make the gunplay too watered down and irrelevant.

Medal of Honor got a bad rap because it shared too much with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. That's it. Taken as its own title, it's a very solid game. It's got some of the most immersive MP aspects in any game to date. It's almost a perfect blend of realism and arcade action. What killed it was that EA decided to do what I'm advising KAOS to avoid - building TOO heavily on other established titles instead of using core concepts of their own. Medal of Honor MP been developed by Danger Close and not felt like (to many) a skin of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it would have got a much better reception.

HomeFront looks pretty cool but will never beat Call of Duty sells and game play wise won’t ever beat battlefield 3 is running an improved version of frostbite 2.0 going to have 34+ player battles more vehicles and possibly more weapons HomeFront looks like a nice mix of Call of Duty and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 the story line is laughable game play looks well done though seems like a good game but haven’t played it yet but won’t ever beat Call of Duty, battlefield, medal of honor. Well Medal of Honor hopefully gets there multiplayer better.