Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-03-2011

HomeFront should have Decent Recoil

Not sure how many of you lot have noticed, but a lot of FPS games nowadays have not that much recoil (CoD & MoH are the most prominent there, but Killzone and Bad Company 2 aren't far behind). I would really be happy to see a fair bit of recoil with the guns in the game, that game my friends, is PERFECT when it comes to recoil. If we can see something like that, give or take a bit of recoil, then I would be so content with this game. Nowadays, too many games cater to the lower skilled player. HomeFront shouldn't do this. To make itself stand out is to make it require more skill and talent to play and having baby recoil is not the way to do that. That game my friends, is PERFECT when it comes to recoil. If we can see something like that, give or take a bit of recoil, then I would be so content with this game. Nowadays, too many games cater to the lower skilled player. HomeFront shouldn't do this. To make itself stand out is to make it require more skill and talent to play and having baby recoil is not the way to do that.
Old 13-03-2011

Re: HomeFront should have Decent Recoil

I guess that over 90% of us on this Forum think so too. The reason I think this is quite simple. We have joined up not because we are "Casual Gamers", who blindly buy any game that has a good cover or that is popular. No, most of us here are here because we are gamers with experience; gamers who have been playing video games BEFORE CoD4 came out. I guess none of you have ever played Medal of Honor Airborne, which came out at the same year as CoD4? When compared to MoH:AB, CoD4 has no recoil at all. The lack of skill required to kill someone in CoD4 caught on amongst the non-gamer community, and then they started to play. Thus, the focus has been on attracting those Casual Gamers by making the game look easy. I don't want HomeFront to go down that patch, but I fear it will because making money is more important than the product in this world.
Old 13-03-2011

I don't care what you guys at Kaos tell us about the "Team Work" and "Battle Points" and whatnot, because what is it all worth if the people who will be attracted to this game is not experienced gamers but little pampered gamers who's only experience lies with CoD and complain about guns having too much recoil if they even go up a centimeter when shooting? Since CoD4 and the dawn of this "Pleasing the Casual Gamer Community" attitude game developers have nowadays, I highly doubt that the people at Kaos will want to add more recoil than guns in, say, Bad Company 2. However, I always do my best to try to spread the word around because hopefully someday a good FPS will be released that does have decent recoil, and that will not be infested with casual gamers who need aim assist to get a kill, even with their lousy recoil.
Old 13-03-2011

Don't insult casual gamers. You realize that this is the overwhelming majority of players, yes? Casual gamers are the only reason the video game industry is as successful as it is. Casual gamers are probably the only reason that THQ is able to support HomeFront the way it is. I like the recoil in DoD, but it really only works because it's so easy to kill anyone in DoD. It's easier than most games' hardcore modes. The Wehrmacht basic rifle kills in one shot to the chest for example.
Old 13-03-2011

In the periods of 2000-2006 there were barely any casual players in competitive FPS games like Counter Strike. In fact, back then it was better. Have you noticed that now publishers like Activision have a lot more money than they did before, they are shipping out crappy quality games year after year? Mw2 was bad, so was Black Ops and there is literally just a year?s difference in development time. EA has had this problem with the EA Sports series. I honestly don't see much difference with Madden 2010 and Madden 2007. That's the good thing about DoD though. Realistically, if you took a shot to the chest from a WWII era rifle then you are going down faster than the Soviet economy. So how do you balance that out? Add a lot of recoil. If HomeFront was relatively easy to get kills with, and had plenty of lovely recoil then the game would be fine.
Old 13-03-2011

I don't consider Black Ops a bad game. It's certainly better than BCBF2 and MoH2010. It has some flaws, ones which I have not been shy about proclaiming to be sure, but it is not a bad game. It's better than counterstrike definitely. The only thing better about counterstrike compared to BO was that CS had a less focus on melee. And the sports games have been like that for over a decade. Sports are, and have always been, a very stagnant area for video games.
Old 15-03-2011

Did you just call Counter strike a shit game compared to black ops? Black ops doesn't even have a quarter of Counter strikes glory. In fact most games that are FPS are based from the idea of Counter strike. Yes maybe Counter Strike: Source was not as good as Counter Strike but what sequel is? Anyways back to business. Recoil needs to be Day of defeat source with Counter strikes gun movement.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,