Thread: Modern Warfare 2 is much better than HomeFront I Guess

Modern Warfare 2 is much better than HomeFront I Guess

Why are so many people getting excited over this game? It's just the same as just rehashed with a slightly different points system which from what I can tell is kind of really the same as everything else out there, apart from Modern Warfare 2. No offence intended but I just don’t see really what is so good about it? The graphics are nothing to really write home about and the game play (no matter how it's put ) is the same old plop - nothing new here from what I can ascertain.

Re: Modern Warfare 2 is much better than HomeFront I Guess

You took the time to make a username for the forums just so you could post that nice. If you played Frontlines: Fuel of War you would know that the play style isn’t just like all the other FPS's out there. The point system is going to be a lot of fun, and enable clans to have a lot of different strategic. Everything we do is just guessing. COD does get old with just being a run and gun game play style, even with the hardcore variations. Battlefield Bad Company 2 gets old because it supports the rich get richer system. Not to mention the helo's in that game are retarded if there is a good pilot in them. I can’t even play that game solo anymore.

I'm not trying to insult people here, really. I have been hearing a fair amount about this game and decided to look into it over the past few days and I REALLY see it ( no matter about the point system and so on ) as just another hidden FAIL of a game. Your all screaming this is going to be so good, but let’s wait and see how many people start complaining when it hits the shelves - I think you'll all be saying the same as you are about COD series. One more thing - chill out and relax, it's just another copy of other games out there. That's all I'm trying to say.

I am a huge fan of MW2. And as such, I have to say this game excites me more than anything since MW2 came out. More of the same? No matter how you put it, in the end they are all just more of the same. Hence the genre FPS. It isn't about if it is more of the same, it is about being enjoyable. If it wasn't 'more of the same' I might not have as much interest. It is an opportunity to compete against other individuals and clans to see who the best is. The two things I am most concerned with aren't weapons/vehicles etc. It is controls and signal. MW2 had the tightest controls of any game I have played (and I have been around since Atari hit the scene). Black Ops is a great example of how a game can go bad, since signal quality seems to always be poor for me and most of my friends on there. If you can have good signal/controls, then give us a campaign that will engage us and an opportunity to compete in mp matches. Again, I enjoy MW2, and if you want to play it, then please do. Better use of your time than stirring people up on here.

You've made the claim, in your thread title, that HomeFront, a game you've never played, is crap. At the same time, you praise modern warfare 2 which is, in my personal opinion, one of the worst first person shooter titles I've played. The complaint you levy against HomeFront is that it is more of the same and just copies other titles when your "greatest game of all time" is a carbon copy of at several others that came before and didn't even make the attempt to bring anything new to the table. Does HF have elements that we've all seen before? That's the nature of the genre and you will never find an FPS that doesn't. HomeFront, however, is trying to bring together a collection of elements that we've not seen together anywhere else. Only time will tell if it does so successfully but neither I, nor you, nor anyone else who hasn't played it can know that until we've checked it out.

Ok about BC2, I have to step in and defined such a quality title, all I read is hate on BC2, and even MAG. It’s not the games that frustrate; it’s you who suck at them. I get pissed off playing MAG, and BC2 as well, but only when I have retarded team mates. Both are team based games, as will HomeFront be. If you get on a stupid team, you will have a hard time enjoying it. Any vehicle in ANY game witha good pilot, or driver, can be hard to take down and a real annoyance to the other team. Learn to take them down, avoid them, or learn to fly/drive them well. Mag takes some time getting used to, a few levels in it will get fun, and with proper teams can be a real blast. BC2 takes a bit getting used to game mechanics, I switch between rush, and conquest, on both Vietnam and Regular in case of stupid teams, I play on the PS3, with a mouse called the Aimon PS as I was a PC FPS player before coming to the PS3 to avoid stupid servers, their admits and hackers that flood those games. In closing please refrain from hating a game based solely on bad teams, and stupid players, as I can assure you that is the root of most people’s complaints with the games I mentioned. I have HomeFront preordered, and am hoping for another quality title I can add to my "teamwork" based FPS lineup on my PS3, I play CoD games as well, but not as often as I prefer teamwork rather than solo, KDR whoring run and gun that is the CoD series.