Thread: Dragon Age 2 changes audio settings in Mac

Dragon Age 2 changes audio settings in Mac

I was worrying why I cannot hear whatever thing inside Dragon Age 2. My audio out is put to the Digital Optical Audio/TOSLINK on MacPro toward my DTT3500 surround sound system. There are no video related issues because I use Radeon 5870 but there is not a bit sound from the speakers. I have changed the Audio MIDI Setup. There I didn’t change the output, I just changed the format. I have configured it to 44.1kHz 2-Channel 16-bit. This time it worked and I can hear sound from dragon age 2. But when I re-launch the game, the format again goes to 48 KHz and I cannot hear any sound. How can I make it correct? Why it changes automatically?

Re: Dragon Age 2 changes audio settings in Mac

You can make use of Audio MIDI Setup to organize the input devices as well as audio output for exploit with your PC, for instance microphones as well as audio playback tools. Settings can be altered inside Audio MIDI Setup depend on the audio device you have connected. Such as you can put the level of accessibility of every channel of your audio output tool, as it permits the management. To study further regarding use of the Audio MIDI Setup app, open it in Applications / Utilities, after that select Help> Audio MIDI Setup.

To establish the connections between various MIDI devices you have to only click and drag a cable between them. So we can connect easily, such as a keyboard controller with multi-port MIDI interface and tell the system which, for example, the signal is received by the channel 1 port 2. It is also possible to save multiple configurations depending on the application that we will make for the system or attached devices; you can make immediate use without having to re-make a new configuration in this section.

Moreover, the Audio MIDI Setup application has correspondence with the adjustments made in the Sound pane of System Preferences, so any change you make to a parameter that affects the built-in audio devices will be considered immediately by the system preferences. As in the configuration of audio devices, the system inputs and outputs of MIDI passes done without third party software, and if you are already using OMS or Free MIDI in previous versions of Mac OS you will find that its performance is very similar. So the issue is about the MIDI app.

I think that the input and output areas are completely equal in the section selected audio device, and you are using hardware that has the same amount of inputs and outputs. In case you are using an audio interface with two inputs and four outputs, the controls are adapted to the number of physical input device. So due to this you might lose your proper setting which you have configured for that game.

For this there is a toolbar at the top of the MIDI app window includes the main functions of configuration: a slider to resize the icons for the interfaces or MIDI hardware connected, a menu to switch between the different configurations available and MIDI create or edit new settings (connections between the interfaces, channel assignments, etc), and a group of five icons through which you can add new components, removing some of those included in the configuration, access the selected device-specific information , re-scan the system, and delete mappings between input and output devices.