Thread: Dragon Age 2 Installation failed in Mac

Dragon Age 2 Installation failed in Mac

You might have heard that now the Dragon age 2 is also available for Mac. I didn’t really expect that. I also have the mac computer in my home. Yesterday I have bought the Mac version of Dragon age 2. When I try to install it in my computer, the installer quits the installation without any error message or reason. After several minute later I again tried to install it. At this time I have got the error message that it cannot install the game. Does anybody got the same issue?

Re: Dragon Age 2 Installation failed in Mac

It seems that EA Games also understood that there is some market for the Mac gamer, as is Valve Software Doing so earlier this year to provide support in OS X to Steam and all the AAA games on this platform . Now, if you buy Dragon Age 2 , the same installation disk, you can also install the OS X version for free, which is great news for gamers. However the only problem is that the Mac should meet the requirements for this game. Otherwise you will not be able to play or install it.

Dragon Age II offers a new graphics engine as well as new combat mechanics. The player can choose to control a magician, a warrior or a thief. Dragon Age II in the U.S. is already available in stores on DVD and can also be purchased online by Electronic Arts: The Mac version is available. The minimum system requirements include Mac OS X 10.6.6, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz, 2GB RAM, 9GB HDD, ATI HD2600, Nvidia 9400 with 256MB of dedicated RAM.

Boot Camp is Apple's tool that allows owners of Intel Macs to dual-boot Microsoft operating systems. Apple has just released version 3.1 of Boot Camp, the version 3 fixes some bugs, adds the latest device drivers for Windows and Apple officially introduces mainly support the installation of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate) This update on the Mac, in particular, also resolves the problems with the trackpad, the red light of digital audio (which now turns off when not in use) and supports wireless keyboard and mouse. Now using this tool you can play not only install Dragon age 2 but any other windows games easily.

You need to login into your MAC using the admin account otherwise you can’t install the Dragon age 2 in that. This is a small issue in this game. Furthermore make sure that all the graphics related drivers are updated to its newer version. Close any background application running while installing the game. Free up the CPU and GPU usage so that the installer can install the game very smoothly.

I have heard that nowadays the Mac also include antivirus program in it. Sometime you cannot be able to install the game if it is running or protecting. You need to disable this program. However if you cannot directly install the game from the installer then there is an alternate method which most people utilizes when they encounter any problem during the installation. The method I am talking about is use the terminal window to install the game. For that you will some commands. I hope that you will find it somewhere.