Thread: Dragon Age 2 launch shows awc.dll load failed

Dragon Age 2 launch shows awc.dll load failed

I have successfully installed the Dragon age 2 game in my computer. My computer has all the things which were required for that game. The installation took much time but ended without any issues. After the installation of game my computer keeps showing me a popup which prompts me as AWC.dll load failed. For that reason I have re-installed the game and updated the drivers but nothing stopped the popup. It seems to me that the AWC.dll may be the game launch date checker. How to get rid of this error? I can barely say that I cannot play the game anyhow.

Re: Dragon Age 2 launch shows awc.dll load failed

The message something more or less seems to me like regarding the Operating system issue. We all know that the dll files are system related files which coordinates with the OS. These files are important in order to run the game. If any of the dll files get corrupted or misplaced then the system shows such kind of error messages or pop ups until you correct that. In your case also some files might not have installed properly while installing the game. Otherwise it may be also possible that the game could not able to put it in your computer. Make sure that you have got the proper version of OS for Dragon age 2.

I think that the AWC.dll file which the computer showing as failed might be corrupted or deleted already in your computer and due to this your computer could not be able to load the game in any manner. The dll file which mostly resides in the system folder other than program files might be damaged or misplaced by the virus attack or any other reason. The truth to be told you can get it back if you have created any system restore point. Otherwise you might need to re-install the whole operating system once again. I hope that you have original windows bootable CD for this process.

Mostly this kind of popup or error message comes into view when your computer is attacked by virus or any kind of malicious software. Some virus or majority of malwares targets such kind of dll files in the Windows computer. If any dll files deleted or corrupted from your computer, then you will not get know about it at a time. The Windows will run as regular. When you going to install some additional applications or games to the computer then the Windows shows up this kind of popup saying that you will need this file in order to run that program or something. So you need to scan the computer with good antivirus program for this kind of issues.

It seems to me that the version or might be the edition of Windows OS you are using for this game may not be the compatible OS. So I think that you need to either update the Windows using the Windows Update utility in your computer otherwise change the OS like if you are using Windows XP then change to newer version like Windows Vista or Windows 7. Usually or more often the dll files issues are regarding the OS only.

It seems to me that the AWC.dll file might have been corrupted after you installed the Dragon age 2. For this kind of issue the chkdsk can benefit for you. This scan will check the entire system for misplaced or corrupted files then make it proper if possible sometime. You need to open the command prompt and run this command for any partition in which you have installed the game or in which the OS reside. If this cannot solve your issue then you need to go for Windows repair using the Windows bootable disk.