Thread: Unable to install Dragon Age 2 Black emporium and its High Res pack

Unable to install Dragon Age 2 Black emporium and its High Res pack

I have recently bought a new game from the EA Store....Game is Dragon Age 2 Black emporium but I am not able to install this game on my Windows 7 desktop machine. I don't have any idea that what is wrong with this game or is there anything wrong with my pc. I want to play this game eagerly but...I tried running with the pitcher, but I opened the error "Please exit Dragon Age and any of its components and try again." If I run the installer from inside the game folder Dragon Age 2, I have "start installation error" instead.

Re: Unable to install Dragon Age 2 Black emporium and its High Res pack

Make an effort running the launcher and leave then run the installer once more. If you identify the shooter opened, which is a good sign. Make an effort to close the launcher and the installer to try again. The installer must be within the game folder DA2, it should work everywhere. How large is the installer? If it is merely 1k in size, try redownloading the installer by clicking the link instead of right click Save As ....

Even I am having the exactly same issue on my windows 7 machine. I downloaded the game via the EA Store. I downloaded the foremost instance, I had installed on incorrect drive, so I uninstalled - When did this I realized that I was in my "uninstall programs" list under Control Panel. After reinstalling (redownloaded) and then opened the game - I observed that its not in the "uninstall programs" list in the Control Panel. I suspect a bodge installation - so now I'm in the process of downloading again the hope that this will help - will let you know if you do. Any help is appreciated.

It is a part of the '64-bit 'you have a problem with the 32 bits Setup.exe. I do not use 64-bit Windows, anything, but I think this also works in 64 bits Win7, right mouse button on the setup file and select Properties Go to Compatibility Mode - put it to 32 bits Windows XP. I imagine that the installation routine will work. You would do the same compatibility mode (64/32 bits) with . Exe alias Baldur.exe. I recently installed a 32-bit Windows 7 - works perfectly well, even DirectX problems or anything. It wiped the drive install unfortunately by accident.

I have the Dragon Age 2 Black emporium version and I have the same problem. However, recently, I can install DLC to change something in the following way.

My steps are as follows.
    1. Get inside the Control Panel and then choose Regional and Language Options.
    2. Here you have to select for the Regional standard option and edit the format tab to English (United States) and the location for English as well.
    3. Switch to the Advanced tab and choose Language for non-Unicode programs as English.
    4. Agree with the change and reboot the computer.
    5. Now try installing the new DLC of Dragon Age 2.

I hope this method works for all facing the same problem.

Using a steam copy of the operating system Windows 7 64-bit, I was having the same problems. But I was able to make it work.

What I did:
    1) Restarted my PC (may or may not be required, but why not?). This was, apparently, I did quit and start again the Steam client.

2) Manually opened the game with the pitcher DA II is located at:
    C: / Program Files (x86) / Steam / SteamApps / Common / II Dragon Age

3) Entering the game's main menu.

4) I logged onto my EA account, then leave.
    After the installation went through both "The Emporio in Black" and "The exiled prince" of DLC.

Additional Information:
    The game was pre-loaded prior to the release and never again tried to install DLC installed. Before: My PC Region was established and as us.I had already got far enough to save the game and made a save file.