Thread: Dragon Age 2: Disc is unreadable

Dragon Age 2: Disc is unreadable

I was very happy on my way back home as I was taking this Dragon Age2 game pack CD purchased from a retailer and that I when I tried installing the game by placing the CD in the drive I find that I was not able to install it. When I place the disk in the drive I got a message on my screen that the disc is unreadable and so I cannot install the same on my system. I have even downloaded the promo codes for the game and latter on when I found that I was not getting to install this game I was very disappointed, is contacting the retailer from where I have purchased the game CD the only option or is that there is something other than that which I can try please do suggest the same.

re: Dragon Age 2: Disc is unreadable

First of all instead of blaming the game CD first check out that your CD Rom is perfect and that each and every CD works properly after inserting in the drive. It could be possible that due to some of the problem with the CD Rom you are not able to get the game to install on your system completely , so try out different CD’s not just music CD but even insert some other game CD and see if you are able to get the CD to load from there.

Take the game CD and try running the same on some other computer system and then see if you are able to get the game to run properly over there. If you get the game CD to load over there as well then I think that the problem is in your CD drive itself and which you need to replace. Also, if suppose that you are unable to run the game CD over there as well than it is natural that the glitch is in the game Cd which needs to be replaced, so try this out and then see what happens.

I have checked out my CD Rom and have come to know that it is working absolutely perfectly with each and every CD including the game CD as well. The CD Rom is absolutely perfect and I am not able to get the Dragon Age2 game CD to load properly after I insert it inside the CD Rom. I have even tried running the game CD on a different pc that is my cousin and when I insert the game CD in his CD Drive, there the game loads perfectly without any kind of problem as such, so can some one now be able to suggest me that what should I do.

There is always a possibility that the game CD is not burned properly and that is why you are not able to run the game by inserting the game CD in the drive. Since it is just one day that you have brought the game CD and so you are still inside the warranty period so I think that it is always better that you get the Cd replaced and you will get the game Cd replaced for free through which I think if the CD Rom is proper then you will be able to play the game effectively.

Guys can someone help me to know why my computer freezes whenever I insert the game Cd inside the Cd drive, not just with the game but even if I insert any other CD in the drive as well, due to this I am unable to install the Dragon Age2 game which I had brought just a day ago, before this I was not getting any kind of problem with the CD Rom at all, but now I have started to get so can some one please suggest me what can do to overcome it.

Re: Dragon Age 2: Disc is unreadable

Hey first of all check whether you are having all the connection to the CD drive properly because that could be the reason why the PC gets hanged so make sure that you have got the chord attach to the CD ROM properly, also if you find that each and every connection is perfect and then also you are getting the problem of machine getting hanged then I fear that you will have to replace the CD Drive as that is the only other option which is available.