Thread: Dragon age 2 crashes at DirectX 11 setting

Dragon age 2 crashes at DirectX 11 setting

I have gathered all the requirements for my computer which are necessary playing Dragon age 2. I have a Direct X11 in my computer and the computer has been configured very well again. After that I have installed the Game. After completion I have launched the game. It loaded well without any delay. As game begins I realized that there is much lagging and the graphics also not very well. After 2 to 3 minutes the game crashed and I couldn’t able to do anything. It just closed by itself. Why?

Re: Dragon age 2 crashes at DirectX 11 setting

I have been seeing several threads in some forums about the crash issue about the Dragon age 2. It is not the major thing. Every new game contains these kinds of issues until they get first patch to fix. In this game also the same situation. There is nothing problem about the DX11. The game is developed mainly for DX11 platform. So we can easily say that it is new generation game. There might be some bugs in the game which has not resolved completely. You need to wait for the patch to resolve the issue.

It seems to me that you have installed the DX11 but you haven’t got the compatible graphics card for that game and due to this the game unable to run smoothly and crashes. Not all the card support DX11. Along with compatible video card, you will need compatible drivers. The Nvidia and ATI frequently release new versions of drivers time to time allowing you the user to get better performance from their cards. So this is the reason and it is a necessary.

The developer had already known about the DX11 issue in the game. Not only you many people have been getting the same issue with Dragon age 2. However by keeping in mind this problem the BIOWARE has already released the graphic patch for this game and the size of the patch is nearly 1GB. I think that now you can get this patch from any third party website. The patch is a freeware version so no needs to pay anything for it.

How can you tell that it is the DX11 issue? Have you run the game in DX10 or 9? By just seeing the crash you cannot say that DX11 is causing this problem. However there are lot more reason. It may be possible that you haven’t configured the setting properly for your monitor. Run the game in highest resolution which the monitor is capable to hold. Also check that you are using the good clock speed processor or may be latest Intel i series CPUs.

The game might be crashing due to low memory in your computer. You might not have that sufficient RAM capability in order to run this game. First upgrade the RAM. Then the important part is OS. The game will run in latest OS only and they are Windows XP (above SP2), Windows vista, Windows 7 and latest MAC OS X. Furthermore while running the game disable all of your back ground application and the antivirus program. They may be causing the game to crash.