Thread: Dragon age 2 error: unable to load the area

Dragon age 2 error: unable to load the area

Yesterday I have installed the Dragon Age 2 in my computer. While installing I didn’t get any problem. There was no error message and no interruptions during the installation of the game. After the completion of installation I just rebooted the system. Then I double clicked on the desktop icon named as Dragon Age 2. The screen loads at first and after some seconds the Main menu appears. Then I click on the play game. The loading screen appears then suddenly it prompts me the error message saying that unable to load area. The screen jumps back to the Main menu. It is happens every time and I cannot play the game. What would be the issue?

Re: Dragon age 2 error: unable to load the area

I haven’t heard this kind of issue in the Dragon age 2. I think that you computer is does not capable to load such a highly graphic game. It may be happening due to several reasons. The first and the main reason is due to the graphic card. You might have a good video card but what is the memory capacity of it. If you have low memory GPU card then this game may not work correctly. The next thing is about the graphic cards. I heard that it needs latest graphic drivers. The final thing is your graphic card is not compatible for that game. There are some GPUs which will not work with Dragon age 2.

It seems to me that your computer didn’t meet the minimum requirements yet. First of all gone through the minimum requirement and also the recommended information guide of the Dragon age 2. You will get to know about what are the necessary things you will need for this game. You may think that your gaming computer can able to run any game. I didn’t say that No, but sometime it may not be possible due to some silly reason.

The game Dragon age 2 is actually depends on the Direct X 11. No matter what model or what memory graphic card you use, your card must be compatible with DX11. Some says that the game can run in DX9. I haven’t tried it yet. Still if you can’t able to play the game then you need to get a patch. The patch is of size 1GB which you can find in this portal site. The patch is mainly related to the graphics. So this patch is mandatory for some gamers I think.

What OS you are using in your computer? I heard that this game is only capable to run in Admin account. Other than this no matter what account you use in Windows computer, the game Dragon age 2 caught up several issues. I don’t know why this game needs administrative privileges but it is the fact of the game. In windows 7 it compulsory to run the game in this account. Furthermore while playing the game disable the internet connection if not needed and disable the antivirus program if necessary.

This issue is definitely regarding the graphic problem or shortage in graphics resources. The game runs smoothly in SLI mode of graphics. However in single card it may show up lots of issues as i heard. The main thing is if you have1GB video card and 2GB RAM then the game will not get any issues. The minimum requirement tells us that this game can capable to run in 256MB card but as truth to be told it can’t sometime.