Thread: Unable to SAVE or LOAD Game Progress in Dragon Age 2

Unable to SAVE or LOAD Game Progress in Dragon Age 2

Guys I have got a Window 7 operating system installed onto my system and have got the Dragon Age 2 to install on it as and when I brought the game from a friend of mine, since there was no availability of the game as of yet in my locality store. Although the installation process was perfect and I was able to get the game to play even smoothly but soon as I thought that it is time to quit enough for the day, I find that the Load and the Save option remained grayed and I was unable to click onto it. I would want to know that are all the user of the game facing this problem or is that only I am facing it, please do reply.

Re: Unable to SAVE or LOAD Game Progress in Dragon Age 2

Why don’t you make use of the F 5 or the F 9 keys that acts as a shortcut keys for the save and the load event. If you are really not able to select the save options from the menu then what I think is that you can make use of the shortcut keys that are developed especially in the game with which you will be able to save and load the game easily, so make use of this option and then see if you are able to get the game to save or not.

Hey this seems a bit silly not getting the options of the save and load as I think that these two are most important options that are necessary inside each and every game. What I feel that you should reinstall the game and then see if you can get the options of the save and load after that. I feel that there could be some bug in the game that is causing the problem, if you are not able to get the save and the load option back again then I feel that you will have to replace the game CD and bring a fresh copy to install.

Hey I have reinstalled the game numerous amount of time and have also brought a new CD from a friend of mine so as to get to know where exactly the problem lies, but still I was not able to get the game to save perfectly. To add to the wounds even the F5 and the F9 function would not function so as to get the game to save and load directly, I am really fed up with this game and if I am not able to save the game I am surely going to throw this game completely.

Guys I have figured out a solution to this kind of problem that is happening with the save and the load procedure in the game. Initially I was also having the same problem and to overcome it I turned off User Account Control, and after that I saw that I was able to easily load and save the game. So all you will have to do is that you will have to Go to the Control Panel from the start menu and select the user account button and just press the first option and turn that thing off, after that you will surely be able to get to save and load the game smoothly once you reboot the system.

Guys I am facing some kind of a silly problem with this Dragon Age 2 game as I am unable to start from the where I had left the last time in the game, that is when I am playing the game and decides that it is time to go and so select the save option, so as to save the game in the memory for the future and to return back afterwards. So I successfully save the game and quit the game but when the other day I come back to start the game I find that all the savings are lost and that I am redirected to the beginning of the game. So can someone help me to know that how will I be able to get the game to save.

Hey make sure that you are successfully saving the context of the game and that when you come back next time you are selecting the right name that you have given to the game context. Even after that if again you are not able to get the game to run successfully then what I think that your saving area of the game is not proper and that you will have to replace the Cd and buy a new one as I think that there could be a problem in the game itself.