Thread: Dragon Age 2 demo freezes PC

Dragon Age 2 demo freezes PC

Guys I have got this Dragon Age2 demo and after successfully installing it and running it I found out that the game freezes my PC after playing it for few minutes when I minimize the game. Now since I cannot just log onto the game each and every time and so I have to Alt Tab to scroll onto some other Window. But the thing is whenever I minimize the game, after a certain interval of time of time I find that my PC freezes and I am not able to perform any task there after apart from restating so can some one help me to know that is this faced by each and every one or is that only I am facing this problem.

Re: Dragon Age 2 demo freezes PC

Dude first of all I would want to know that what exactly is the configuration of the system and is it equivalent to the Dragon Age 2 game. The Dragon Age 2 game really requires allot of memory as well as speed which I think that even if you minimize and carry out other functions add up to the processing power. So if you are not having the necessary specifications on your system than you should not run many process at the same time and just move forward with the game only.

Hey what I think that when you Alt tab to some other window you might be doing some other task that might be taking too much of the processing time and that is why you are getting your system to freezed. Since there is already the game running over there and if your minimize the same in order to perform some other task then what I feel that you might be getting the processor to perform so many high performance task and that is why the system is freezing, so not to get involved in some other function while playing the game would be my suggestion.

Hey instead of minimizing the game why don’t you get the game to play in Windowed mode such that you can play the game easily and even carry out the other function while playing the game. So with this I don’t think so that there could be a problem with the system freezing. Just like minimize you will get the Windowed screen running that will be having the options of the cancel or minimize at the top right with which you can do whatever other task while the game is running.

Well I am also playing the same Dragon Age 2 and when I minimize the game in order to go onto some other window to carry out some other task I am able to get the thing done perfectly and I can even Alt Tab again aback to the game without no problem of freezing, what I can suggest you is that you can press the Alt Ctrl and Del and then go inside the Task Manager in order to kill the process, and then you can again continue with the game and you will not have to restart your PC again and again even if it get freezed, so try this option out and see if you can get to play the game without any such problem.

Guys I am having all the necessary and the desired configuration that is necessary to play the Dragon Age 2 game, even I am having a way additional configuration on my system. I have tried running the game in the Windowed mode as well but then also I am getting the system to freeze after certain amount of time, even if I do not carry out any functions when I minimize the game the PC freezes after some point of time. Also I cannot get the task manager to open when the PC freezes and I left with no option other than restart, I am providing my system configuration below , so please provide some solutions as well.
    • i5 760
    • GTX 460 768ram
    • DDR3 6GB RAM
    • Win 7 64 Ultimate OS
    • G15 and G5

Hey even I had the same problem, but after modifying the settings I found out that it was hitch with DirectX 11 Renderer setting. So I transferred to DirectX 9 and at the moment it is working fine. I am not getting the PC to freeze any more and the demo runs efficiently. The only disadvantage as of now is the lesser graphic quality. But at slightest you will be able to use several of the other settings to develop the quality, like the 1600 x 900 resolution. Hopefully Bioware will repair the DirectX 11 hitch in the game before the original version comes out in the market.