Thread: Dragon Age 2 failed to start Error Code 51

Dragon Age 2 failed to start Error Code 51

Good Morning to one and all, this is my first post of this forum and I would expect from you all that I get the necessary solutions to my query. I have brought this Dragon Age 2 game brand new CD from the store as soon as I heard that there is new role playing game out in the market. After successfully installing the game when time game to launch the game I am getting an error message” Dragon Age 2 failed to start error code 51” every time I begin playing the game. I have reinstalled the game many times so please don’t provide junk solutions. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: Dragon Age 2 failed to start Error Code 51

Hey dude first check out the you are having the necessary specifications that is required to run this game smoothly, what I think that you must be using some other bit version of the operating system and that is why the game is unable to start at the beginning even after getting installed. I think that you must be having the 64 bit version of the operating system and on the other hand the game requires only 32 bit version of the operating system, so if this fundamental is true then you will have to change your operating system and install the compatible version.

Have you got the correct graphics card that is required to get this game to run smoothly on the system, what I feel is that you might not be having the necessary GPU through which you can get the game to run effectively. I have searched out the cause of this error and have come to know that this is due to some of the graphics issue. So get the necessary graphics card and even if you have already got the same installed on your system then update the driver and then see if you are able to get the game to run effectively after that.

Hey I have searched for the information related to the Error Code 51 that you are getting in the game and I have found that this kind of error is not related to the game at all and it is due to the Operating system. The error code 51 generally arises when you get some of the files missing from the operating system directory and that you are not able to get any of the program that requires that file to run properly after that. So what I think that you will have to again reinstall the operating system whichever you are having and move forward with the installation of the game after that

If you are not getting the error 51 rectified even after reinstalling the operating system and after going through all the solution then what I suggest is that you should get the game CD replaced from the store that you had brought from. Since you have tried reinstalling the game many times and still you are not able to get the error rectified then I think that the glitch could be in the game CD itself and that if you can get a fresh copy of the game and again carry out the installation then you will be in a position to know that where the problem lies.

Guys I am also having the same problem but in a slighter different way with this Dragon Age 2 game that I have brought specially from my cousin in order to play the game. I have got this game installed on my system and I was able to play the game smoothly. At the beginning since I did not knew many functions so I was able to play the game in a single user mode, but soon after I found that we can also steam the game to connect to our fellow friends I found out that the game was not starting up after I select to join my friend, can someone suggest some solutions for this kind of problem.

Make sure that you have turned off all the antivirus and the firewall applications that you must be having on your system, this game requires us to steam that is to connect to the other servers and that is why I think that if you are having the firewall and the antivirus program running on the system, the game will not be allowed to steam and you will not be able to get connected to the server and hence you will not be able to get the game to start even after you have got the game to launch successfully.