Thread: Building a second chicken coop is necessary in FrontierVille

Building a second chicken coop is necessary in FrontierVille

I just finished my first one and the task for gathering eggs suggests building another one. Is this really necessary or are people getting sufficient eggs without the additional coop? As well, is it of any benefit to keep all of those baby chicks we just bought for the previous task? I realize that once they are grown, they would produce more eggs, but they are going to be quite an expense right now to feed them to maturity and if only a certain number can count towards the coop, I don't want it to be a waste of time and coins.

Re: Building a second chicken coop is necessary in FrontierVille

You can´t put chickens in. Chicken coop only once a day harvests your whole population of chickens. Worthless cause chicken feed time is about 20 minutes? Energy eater, you feed your baby chicken one time a day with the coop bonus, all at one time in one click. So it doesn't cost you any energy to bring them to maturity. I don't know more about the eggs. I received 5 totals building the coop. Since then not any.

I have purchased frames for multiple chicken coops to help with the quest. I don't plan on using all my building materials and finishing them, since you can only harvest each coop once per day. I am going to click my chicken coop later today when it's been 24 hours, but am wondering, how many chickens will get fed with that one click? However, each coop takes 34 whacks (9 pieces of wood + 1 energy per whack). I have collected 10/12 of the eggs needed for the quest just from whacking to build them.

I had to build three coops in order to complete the egg collection quest that comes up after the chicken coop building quest. There are no new quests after you have to collect the 13 eggs. I sold off most of my excess chickens, I kept some near the coops, so while I click bonus I will have something to collect. I may even get rid of more of these chickens as I still had too many things to click on from the chicken coop bonus. With three completed coops I will be able to do this bonus 4 times a day.

There are two ways to get the eggs for the chicken coop collection, and therefore for the task where you need 5 of each of the 4 types (brown, white, spotted).
    1. Every 'whack' when you are building the coop has a chance at dropping the eggs (or a feather). There are 33 whacks total to build a coop, so you have a reasonable chance at getting drops.
    2. Collecting the bonus each day also has a chance at a collection item. This would be a very slow process to get all 12 eggs needed, even with two fully finished coops.

Personally, I finished one coop totally, and fully whacked 4 more, deleting 3 of them while done without using the hammers/nails/bricks etc, as I didn't want them cluttering my already crowded land. I got the last necessary egg while the fourth coop was about 4 whacks from ready. So, in total, that was more than 130 clicks. If you have only one coop, and you just collect it once a day, well, you can see where that might be a little tedious. As far as I can tell, each coop is clickable once per day, and will harvest all of the chickens you have currently ready to feed. Make sure they are all hungry before you click!

I am totally confused about all the chicken quests. First question: I am currently growing the 40 chicks, I have the chicken coop frame finished and all the materials, but I didn't finish the coop as I was afraid it wasn't going to be counted when the quest comes out. Do I understand correctly that you suggest to build it anyway as it's possible to feed all chicks together with a single energy? Second question: in the chicken tender what does it mean "eat five chicken breasts" and so on? Third question: feed 160 chicken’s means you have to feed them 160 times not having all that chickens at the similar time, right?

After seeing that much information I also wish to add something in this case. Ignore the eat wording, it seems to work Ok with just collecting things. Yea you can feed 160 chickens overtime, while I did it; I did two lots of 80. With the coop, while you utilize it, it doesn’t utilize your energy (I think) but it drives you crazy, because you get so many things to click on there is no way you will get them all and you will end up losing most of them.