Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011

admin access stopped working in amx mod x

Hello I am using amx mod x for counter strike dedicated server 1.6 from last 1 year but now I am facing problem with my admin access. I am the user.ini plugin for my admin access. And it was giving correct admin access level to the user as I maintained in my code. But from last 1 week it?s not giving correct admin access to the user .I am using amx mod x0.16 and metamod 1.17x for my dedicated server. I noticed the access code and it?s giving abcdefghijklmnopqrstuy code. I am not able to get what exactly this code is trying to say. Please someone explain me this admin code. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2011

Re: admin access stopped working in amx mod x

Hi some day before I faced this same problem. And according to me you make some big changes in your user.ini file. By using this file you are giving admin access to everyone. You need to put it in full steam ID. If you are using partial ID then I might be matching with others ID?s. So now make changes in your user.ini and again change it with its default setting. Paste your full user.ini into a code block. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.
Old 10-03-2011

Hi thank you for your quick reply. by using this "STEAM_0:1" "" "abcdefijmu" "ce" ; I am giving access to my other clan mates according to their level. This file is located under the user.nin file. And I am using this file from last 1 year. And it was working properly but from last 1 week it?s not working. I don?t think its creating any problem. You cannot set your admin limit. But it?s more irritating if it happens. The other clan met getting full admin access which I don?t want. That?s why I make changes in my user.ini file but I follow the proper guide for this change.
Old 10-03-2011

Hi I think there is mistake in your user.ini file code. I don?t think you write proper code in it. According to me don?t put semicolon after that. You can keep control on your admin access number by removing this semicolon from end of your code. The default limit for admin access is 64 which you can change easily. For that you have to make changes in your admin.sma file. Open your admin.sma file or you can also make changes in admin_mysql.sma which ever you are currently using. And from that change the MAX_ADMINS define. I hope this will help you to set your admin numbers.
Old 10-03-2011

I follow your step but it won’t help me to set my admin access number. In my console it says my can mate still have an admin access. In my console the “a” isn’t there but all other letters are presents in console. So it looks so odd that anyone can access my server. According to me I think it’s a plugin problem or a module problem. I am not able to solve this. Because I am not that much familiar with plugin files. I only know how to use this file in server. But I don’t know how to make changes in it. Please help me out.
Old 10-03-2011

Hi some day before same problem occur in my server. So after that I tried to solve this problem by using new admin.sma 0.20 from CVS. And after that it starts working properly. Now it?s fine with admin and not getting more flags. But I am not sure about its security services. I don?t think it?s safe to take things from CVS. It can cause other problems with your system settings. The new admin.sma has merged with admin.sql but it?s disabled by default. So use this on your own risk. But after all this is the best solution for your problem.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,