Thread: How to slow down the click happy Energy Vamps in Vampire Wars

How to slow down the click happy Energy Vamps in Vampire Wars

I have a suggestion for how to reduce the server load for the "Energy vamps" who click the Wererat mission like crazy for leveling. Besides the fact that you can't get the 1/2 energy bonus on that mission, which I am sure no one is aware of because you don't actually post when you use 1/2 energy. Make it so that the Mandy Wheel doesn't affect that one mission. That way, if you have got +20% or more exp from the wheel then the other missions will be worth more and people won't go click. What’s your opinion regarding this?

Re: How to slow down the click happy Energy Vamps in Vampire Wars

Why pick on Energy Vamps. Their style of play is valid, and perfectly within the rules. Recent changes have meant that clicking several hundred times on the Wererat mission is a lot slower as you cannot use F5 anymore. If someone wants to spend hours on a keyboard doing that then that is up to them. No worse than the people who sit and rapidly hit F5 when attacking. The area you could cut server load is on the graphics. The 'GUI' used to be simpler and faster. I do not mind many of the changes but I often find that I need to click several times for what used to take one click and also that I end up somewhere completely random because I have been sent/accepted a fifth which then takes clicks to navigate back to where I was.

I agree with the last poster. Don't nerf the Sewer mission. Instead, as suggested elsewhere and make a more server friendly mission with the same or slightly better experience ratio. For example, in Mafia Wars, some of the better missions are at low tiers but the highest tier has the best mission. Just change the ratio on one of the deathbringer missions to 2.05. Of course, even 2.01 would probably do it in terms of reducing server load.

I also think it is silly to kill yourself on all those clicks on the Wererat mission, and I wouldn't do it if I was energy vamping. But equally clearly, there are people who do it. You are not going to get them to change their POV either. Take a look at the number of missions completed by some of the highest level vamps in the game. The Wererat mission has the most efficient energy/exp ratio for a maxed out vamp (your numbers are wrong, BTW, it's 40/70, or 1.75, but even using your numbers Wererat is more efficient). So the optimizers are going to continue to do it, your POV notwithstanding. I thought the point of this thread was reducing the server load from those voluminous clicks. Your arguments about saving time, clicks, etc. won't convince the optimizers so long as Wererat is the most efficient mission from an energy/exp ratio viewpoint.

You stay submerged like a submarine and pop out to attack when there's a good target and dive back down into zombie while you look for another. It's like zombie whack a mole but you are the mole trying not to get whacked. Every function is done around popping in and out of zombie. Raverz gives the best explanation but hasn't been around in a while. Maybe I can dig up Raverz posts.