Thread: Was there an actual reason for taking the horse out of the market in FrontierVille

Was there an actual reason for taking the horse out of the market in FrontierVille

Was there an actual reason for taking the horse out of the market? How do you get one if you want another? I see no collection that awards one, like the one that gives a mule. Halloween quest- I completed the jack o lantern, then sold it because it was hideous. Now I have a quest popping up to do it again. Should I bother? Cloth- does you only get 6 cloth when visiting someone for the first time and just 1 thereafter? Besides gifting, trading in a couple collections, and visiting neighbors, is there other ways can you obtain them? For some reason I thought sheep gave you cloth, too. Maybe it was a thing in the beginning they later took away? School lessons - those items should be able to be found around the land. Begging and mucking up the feeds makes me say "forget it". Inventory - it'd be nice if it would pop up after choosing an item like Farmville’s. I get so tired of the cumbersome menu structure. One click should open all main menu areas. Make the icons smaller. Will they ever release a new crop or tree? So boring.

Re: Was there an actual reason for taking the horse out of the market in FrontierVille

I think you covered all the ways to get cloth; I cannot seem to remember any other way. It’s up to you whether or not you want to complete the quest; I personally have also deleted the graveyard as soon as the Halloween Missions were complete. And inventory management needs to be improved, no doubt about that, but the developers are doing a good and steady job, game has been improving slowly and steadily over a period of time, maybe we will see changes soon.

Re: Was there an actual reason for taking the horse out of the market in FrontierVille

No horse collection, how odd you can get one by selling 2600 adult animals with the Jackalope lodge. As well forgot to talk about, you do get cloth when you turn in Sheep collection. Every second mystery box gives me cloth too. I am up to my ears in the stuff. Even I have close to 400 cloths, why because my neighbors aren't there for decoration, I actually visit them and that’s after giving tons away and utilizing heaps for missions.

Yes, you only get the extra cloth on the first visit, but there are other ways to get it (besides the mystery packages):
    1. Complete the sheep collection: 4 cloth, 3 ribbon
    2. Complete the cotton collection: 6 cloth, 2 ribbon
    3. Complete the flax collection: 3 cloth, 5 ribbon

If you have a lot of it, hang onto it! It's not a bad thing to be generous to neighbors, but don't toss it needlessly! One mission requires 200 cloth to finish, and you will use up a lot of it for other things, too, like making sets of clothes (on the crafting table in the house), wrapping presents (in the general store), and making fire (in the wagon.) Fire can eat up a lot of it in some of the missions, to make one keg of gunpowder, for example, it takes 6 fire, which takes 6 cloth each to make, so that's 40 cloth per keg. Or you could just buy your gunpowder kegs for horseshoes. At one point a few weeks ago, I had almost 500 cloths, but I'm down to less than 200 now.

The best thing I can tell a newbie besides not clear cutting your land is to review your collections often. Know what rewards are there and plant for what you need. Like other person said you can't have too much cloth and I stopped planting peanuts and plant cotton and flax and sunflowers for the most part. I am never out of cloth or ribbon and I have never had to ask for it. You do know that you are only allowed ten of each collectible, right? You will "collect" them but they won't count. With the poor collection I have to check that every other day and cash a few in. But don’t cash them in until you have at least five of everything.

Is this limit of 20 a new thing? Where do these things get told to players? I have plenty of things that are higher than 10 (chicken was up to 260 at one point). The 20 limit on collections was instituted back in August I think, so it's been around for a while. Anything you have higher than 10 was probably gained before that date and you have not sold enough to get it back below. I don't remember the exact date but it has been for a while. At least a few time in December, not quite sure but it has been at ten for a while.