Thread: Inappropriate names in vampire wars

Inappropriate names in vampire wars

I am not talking about a comment that someone wrote you on your news feed, I am talking about the really inappropriate names that people are using for their character. I came online today, checked my news feed, and saw that I had been attacked by someone named useless. And also some have vulgar names and it is very embarrassing to read such names. So is there any rules which will stop the player to keep such names on their profiles. So please let me know is there is any way that will allow me to banned any such users if I face them any way in the middle.

Re: Inappropriate names in vampire wars

It all depends. Like seeing those offensive names on Facebook, anyone over the age of 13 can legally join the site. There is no age limit on being able to join the apps. I'm guessing as they're bound by the Facebook ToS, anyone over the age of 13 can join those also. It’s not strictly an adults game, so a name that might have seemed funny at the time, is contributing to a negative vocabulary of a minor.

I agree there really should be a report mechanism. And reports should not be ignored. I recall someone had a vamp named the "N" word, and it was discussed for weeks on the FB Forum, definitely brought to Zynga's attention and I'm not sure if anything was ever done. I would say to just get over it. If you're browsing the internet in the first place, you're bound to see such words. And they are just that, words. They can't harm you. Be happy that you are in no real danger and forget about

The problem with your argument is that you assume there is some kind of consensus that language is harmless. You would be wrong. You may not be bothered, but others might be. It's just good business to make reasonable attempts to reduce exposure to such material so they don't drive away customers who are offended by the language. Most other online games I have played have some sort of mechanism for controlling character names. It's pretty standard. Anyone who as ever played WOW knows just how strict the rules can be.

Well there are some laws where most of the websites and apps are run from, require that a person cannot legally join their site until they are the age of 13, and they must have parental permission as well. If you are under 18 you need your parent's permission to join any site. Age 13 to 18 is a five year gap and a large number of users of both my space and Facebook, and these are the technical kids of the website. I think a lot more consideration should be applied toward names and what is appropriate.