Thread: How to survive in combat in Vampire Wars

How to survive in combat in Vampire Wars

Can anyone tell me how you are meant to survive in combat anymore? I know this has been repeated again and again but I can’t believe what’s happened the last few days. I’ve lost 200 SR in total and been unable to claw even one back (Your might is too great blah) I’ve been attacking vamps with 400 - 900! Less SR than me, much weaker abilities and around my own levels (some without full clanage) and has lost EVERY time? EVERY TIME! I’ve worked hard to get my SR up and it’s just been wiped out in minutes, I honestly feel like crying I’m that angry.

Re: How to survive in combat in Vampire Wars

If you just crossed 125th level border, you just feel exactly as I felt when I crossed 70 month ago. Everyone can attack you and they do. What you need to know is that before level 125, skill ranking is HUGELY overinflated. Yes, yours too. If you lost 200SR, don't worry - I lost 700SR (down to 3800). What is abnormal is that in last few days there is no one on the combat list to gain SR for me. I'm targeting 3950-4050SR and seen today only 3 of such vamps. You might be in the same situation. Do not ever attack anyone that is close to your SR. By close I mean 500SR difference. You will lose the fight if you inflate your SR like I do.

You need to stick with what you have and be happy you only lost 200. If you however haven't got 501 clan, your SR will be dropping for a long time. If you have less than 200 attack skill, you need to raise it. Do not, repeat, and do not even think of buying any abilities for now. Stick with 501 Superior Impervious, Superior Mind Control and Move Silently. Unless you want to go above SR5000, these are enough.

They are enough for any SR. Many of the highest SR vamps fight with abilities weaker than these. If you have 500 clan (an absolute priority in this game), and keep adding at least 2 points into either att or def each level (it is my opinion it makes no difference whatsoever whether you allocate into att or def, and I wouldn't be saying so if it didn't work 100% for me), you'll most likely be competitive enough for levels 1-125. Don't worry if you lose SR, but take it as a helpful indication of your strength. If it keeps dropping (you keep losing to vamps of the same SR), start attacking lower SRs until you either get more clan, more points in att/def, or much better abilities (abilities are least important in my opinion).

If you use zombie mode a lot, you can gain xp from fights regardless of how strong you are, as long as you pick vamps weaker than yourself. If you don't use zombie mode, you might try and stay at least the average strength for your level (prior to 125). After you hit 125, being too strong for your level might even mean you'll get attacked more (many higher level/SR vamps pick the strongest vamp on the list, especially if they can gain SR from you).

Thanks for the advice but I’ve 501 clan, 501 maxed abs (and I’ve a lot of rare abs) 200 att + def. I’m level 128 but have not been attacked by anyone as I zombie. I was well prepared for level 70 and 125 and it didn’t affect me as I’m quick. There is no logic! How can I lose when I attack someone 900 SR below me, same level, only 243 clan and no decent abs and I lose 22 SR? This is every time I attack someone in the last 2 days.

I’ve been making sure those I attack have rubbish and weak abilities as well. If it’s really just down to att + def points it’s a pointless gambling game and no fun. The best part of this game for me has been working out my chances of winning based on all the info you can get. If it’s based on info you can’t see, it’s just a gamble. I’m still confused as to why it’s only been like this the last few days for me.