Thread: More combat oriented functions Vampire Wars

More combat oriented functions Vampire Wars

I would like to see the combat portion of the game advance. We are constantly getting new missions and new items from missions but we very seldom get anything from combat, maybe possibly throw out a LE drop from combat I play the game for the combat portion, I think one of the biggest problems that people hate about combat is the fact that most fite list are filled with levels 70-100 with very low SR and I think the reason for that is that it’s too easy to level up without ever doing any combat whatsoever, Most everyone concentrates on missions because that’s where all the prizes are, give us something to fight for and give those "weaker" vamps a reason to increase their strength so that the fight list are more challenging and rewarding.

re: More combat oriented functions Vampire Wars

When I was under level 70 and probably up until Level 100 I enjoyed it because I could find people to attack that gave me SR, but at this point (Level 390 I think) all I EVER see on the combat list is "cannon fodder". I do not want to go around attacking baby vamps just because I can take one off the hitlist (if I can find anyone on the hitlist) but I try my best to leave them alone. It takes forever to gain any SR. I logged in to get a list that had everything on it under 1,200 SR. I refreshed the screen fifteen times and got the same ones over and over and finally got some 3,000s. I hit a few and they disappeared only to be replaced by a bunch of 2,000s.
    Below are some ideas for making combat more fun:
    1. Add some trophies in the "Gaps". You get a trophy for 100 & 1,000 fights, but it is a LONG way between 1,000 and 10,000 and then to 20,000. Same for bounties.
    2. Add trophies for kills...we get a pop up to announce it but never any reward for doing so.
    3. More EXP from combat, so that missions aren't so much more attractive for leveling up. Doing that same mission over and over after you are done with missions is SO boring!
    4. Drop consumables as well as abilities.
    5. Don’t implement the "new" combat screen or at least fix it so that you don't have to click OK after every attack. This thing is ridiculous and the old screen is concise, easy to read and fast.
    6. Try to give people something close to their SR more often. Sorting the list by Level ceases to make any sense after you have left level 70 and the SRs get more diverse among the vamps of the same level.
    7. Refreshing the list twice should give you different vamps. You should not have to refresh 10-15 times to get better different adversaries.

I just started a friend that is staying with me for a few days playing and wow is combat fun below level 70 again. All the vamps you see are matched up to you and you gain or lose SR with almost every hit. I realize that part of the game above 70 is giving the newly graduated vamps hell for a bit, but it's been DAYS since I gained any SR and when I do it's is only 1 or 2. I have tried very hard in applying my skill points to have a "balanced" vamp that is good at both Combat and Missions, but lately I find myself applying them all to energy just so I can accomplish something. Maybe what we need is multiple combat tabs. One for people that just want to get it over with and get back to missions, one for those that really like to fight with well matched adversaries and then one for people that are hell bent on killing and multiple hits. That way everyone can choose their poison. What list you appear on would be controlled by a drop down on the stats page so you could change it as you progress if you wanted?

This would be server based also like the fight system is now so it would not be server lag heavy on zynga and You could offer trophies for so many wins in the tournament or Colliseum (whichever you wanted to call it). On completion of each trophy you get a tiered ability or something like with the "bronze" trophy you get "x ability", with silver you get "better x ability", with gold you get "greater x ability" with platinum you get "superior x ability" and I even just came up with a pretty cool name for it. so what do you guys think? i can flesh it out a little more if need be and all.

Yes you would only be able to get the abilities once btw. Not repeated times, so they could be decently strong. Also, you could have the payout for winning the thing be like 20% of the total blood taken in and amount of skill ranking bonus. say 10% of whatever stage you are in so 1000 would give you 10, 2000 20 etc. otherwise maybe 5% would be more appropriate as you would kind of bust out of the rankings really fast if you went with 10%.