Thread: Dragon Age II Poor DirectX11 performance

Dragon Age II Poor DirectX11 performance

My gaming rig is running with XFX 5870 1GB video card, Intel i5 processor along with 4GB RAM. I was expected t get smooth fps while playing Dragon age 2 on Direct X 11. But I was wrong. I cannot play the game because the FPS rate is too low (15FPS) with elevated quality blur and additional misc option turned on. It makes me the game like completely unplayable. When it is turned off I can slightly play the game but not very smoothly. Do you think that this performance is normal with my gaming rig? I heard that the game will run smoothly on Direct X 9. Is this true? What should be the Direct X 11 performances regarding the Dragon age 2?

Re: Dragon Age II Poor DirectX11 performance

Dragon Age 2 will be a key in designate meant for AMD in the approaching months since it is AMD 3D enabled and it is one of the hardly any (the foremost) Which Will support Eyefinity 5x1 portrait mode for those who can meet the expense of a high end setup. That said, at 5760x1080 it is previously an extremely challenging game and it will get two 6990s to power those five displays exclusive of image superiority cooperates. In evaluation with the NVIDIA cards the 6990 compares extremely fine, outperforming the 2SLI systems at together 1920x1080 as well as 5760x1080.

Dragon Age 2 has been released this week and features maintain for a variety of DirectX 11 features counting Contact Hardening Shadows (further sensible), DirectCompute bloom belongings, elevated superiority deepness of field, tessellation for smoother environment, prepass illumination (advanced aspect lighting) and HDAO for stumpy resource, elevated quality ambient occlusion. Together with DX 11 you will require an excellent or perhaps high end GPU with the intention of play the game extremely efficiently.

I have a Core2 Quad Q9400 2.67GHZ, 4GB Kingston ram hyperx2 1066 and a radeon 4870x2, this is not an example to get dragon age origins, but the crysis with 8 AA at 1680x1050 and is much better than this demo of Dragon Age2 in dx9 as it should but it will run on DX11 (my graphics in 10.1 but uses libraries dx dx10 if I run it on DX11) will like the ass and without that will not let me activate Ant aliasing that if I stop and the pc tells me to lie down.

I with an ATI5770 and playing in DX11 I have not had high-flow problems. I do not understand the criticism on the graphic look; some expected a final fantasy or something? I find that the improvement on the DAO is that I could wait and not be disappointed in that aspect. The gameplay is more dynamic, more fun and definitely better. I like the changes which you can see in the talent system.

I don’t think that you need to look into the Direct X 11 performance. Yet there was no issue with this. I think that the performance degradation is due to the wrong configuration of your gaming computer. You need to check the configuration once again. As I can see that you have such a good specification but you cannot make configure or work properly. So re-configure the computer once again before running the game.