Thread: Music can be heard but there is no voice dialog in Dragon Age II

Music can be heard but there is no voice dialog in Dragon Age II

I am running the Steam version of Dragon Age 2 in my windows xp system and the main problem of the game is that I am not getting to hear any voice dialog in the game. The music can be heard in the game but there is no availability of the speech in the game. I have checked the sound sliders in the pc and it is showing max. Every time I play this game I have to turn on the subtitles so that I can get to hear what the characters are trying to speak here. Surprisingly while downloading the game they did not ask for any registration. So I want to know what can be the problem here. So any ideas why is this happening?

Re: Music can be heard but there is no voice dialog in Dragon Age II

I have the retail copy of the game in my system and I am not facing any such problem with the particular game. So as of now I cannot advise you to switch to the retail copy of the game but still I would like you to think over it. Also do have a check of the sound configurations in the system. That would be much help for you. So do have a look at them and I am sure that you will be able to get some solutions over it.

In such case I would recommend you to have a look at the audio settings which is in the the config utility. In that you will have to go and enable the force stereo option. That would be of much help for you. So do have a look at them and I am quite sure that you will be able to get some help of it. Actually this option is only enabled if you have set the headphones mode on but this option will be able to get some more audio output from it. so do try it and let me know if that works or not.

For this problem I would recommend you to report this problem to the developers and I m quite sure that they will get back to you with the appropriate solutions. So as of now do try writing a mail to them about the problem and ask them for the appropriate solution they will surely get back to you with the solution. I think they are the one who will be quite aware of this problem and will advice you accordingly on the issue. so do try it and let me know if this suggestion helped you or not.

The suggestion for the force stereo option did really help me and I am very thankful to you for providing such useful solution for me. so thanks a lot for that. I could not have imagined that this solution will work for me. I just decided to give a try and to my surprise it worked. I would like to really appreciate your efforts for helping me out with the issue. now the audio out put is quite good and hence I am able to hear the conversations.