Thread: Dragon Age II Installation failed

Dragon Age II Installation failed

Today I went to shop and purchased the Dragon Age II. I have got the signature version of game. I then went to install the game on my computer. The installation starts well and nearly coming to finish. But at the end the installation it prompts me that “installation failed”. There was no reason, no details and no errors for that prompt. I didn’t have any idea that I could happen in my computer. I have good gaming rig and I have been playing several recent released game in it. This kind of issue didn’t happen before. Does anybody know what is causing this problem?

Re: Dragon Age II Installation failed

It seems to me that you computer or maybe gaming rig didn’t meet the minimum requirements for this game and due to that reason you are not able to finish installation. The ending part of the installation process is the main process because it will finalize and initialize the game so that you can play without any trouble. At the end the installer will checks the system specs. If the system specs are compatible for that game then only it finalize otherwise it just avoids the game without proper installation.

If you cannot able to install the Dragon Age 2 PC game in the default drive of the computer then you will need to try some other drive. Sometime the installer may not install the game to the default drive. I mean the C: drive. At this time just change to different available drive and continued with the installation and this time I hope that it will properly going to install in your computer. Also make sure that not only the Windows OS but also the version of service pack matches the game. This is mandatory for Dragon Age 2 PC version.

As far as I know there are two kinds of installation for Dragon Age 2 PC game. When start or launch the game installer you will prompted by a screen saying 2 types of installation and they are custom and express. If you cannot able install in one type then you should try other type. Sometime the installer needs to select some of the preferences or options manually. The options may be anything and it doesn’t matter now because they will vary depending on the computer specifications you have.

I think that it is the problem about the Graphics card or its drivers or may be the version of Direct X. All three may interact with game because these things are necessary for Dragon Age 2. You will need at least 1GB video card. The better the video card the lesser the issue about the game. Furthermore along with good GPU you will need compatible drivers. What I mean it you will need latest drivers if available. Finally the Direct X, the game is meant for Direct X 11 platform. So it may not work either in Direct X 10 or 9. You need to keep these things in mind before the installation of game.

It seems to me that the computer does not meet the requirements. While installing the game set the monitor resolution to higher amount so that it can completely matches with the game. If the RAM capacity is not enough then you need to upgrade it. If you are sure about your computer requirements then try to overclock the system and see what you will get. Whatever the issue may be just alter the system configuration and try to install anyhow.

i got 2 ati 5770 in crossfire i got 6 gb ram i got a 6 core procesor i got 1000 gb hardrive, please tell me will my instalation still fails?

Quote Originally Posted by noTURF View Post
    i got 2 ati 5770 in crossfire i got 6 gb ram i got a 6 core procesor i got 1000 gb hardrive,
    Well buddy your system meets all the system requirements that is required for Dragon Age 2, and i guess it is enough compatible with the game. I dont think you will face such problem of installation or while playing. But why are you asking like that ?? Did you tried installing and faced any issue ?

i ment to say why my installation still fails

Quote Originally Posted by noTURF View Post
    i ment to say why my installation still fails
    It might be that you have downloaded a corrupt version of the Dragon Age II game file and hence if you are trying to install it in your pc, it is giving you errors, so try downloading the full version of the game again. Could you also tell us what kind of error do you receive when you are trying to install the game in your pc? Can you check whether it has an autorun.exe file that can be used to install the game?