Thread: Dragon Age II PC Launcher Starts- Hit "Play" & Game Crashes

Dragon Age II PC Launcher Starts- Hit "Play" & Game Crashes

I am having one issue which is related to the Dragon Age II that seems to be nice game but i am unable to play the game. I have got the new Dragon Age II from store and installed it successfully but while hitting the Launch button its get crashes on my desktop and game wont start. I am trying to solve the issue but i am unable to get it working with the same. If you are having any solution then do let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dragon Age II PC Launcher Starts- Hit "Play" & Game Crashes

First thing that i will ask for is nothing but the system configuration of yours. Make sure that you are having the enough configuration to run the same on your PC. If you can then check the Minimum and Maximum requirement of the PC for the Dragon Age 2 game below.

Minimum System Requirements
    • Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 with the latest Service Pack and DirectX 9.0c
    • Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 at 1.8 gigahertz (GHz)
    • Graphics card with 256 megabytes (MB) of memory and PCI Express (at least Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS or ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
    • 7 gigabytes (GB) of hard disk space
    • 1 GB RAM under XP, 1.5 GB on Vista and 7
    • DVD drive
    • DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended system requirements
    • Microsoft Windows Vista or 7
    • Quad-core processor at 2.4 GHz or triple-core processor at 2.8 GHz
    • 2 GB of RAM under Windows XP, 4 GB on Windows Vista and 7
    • Video card with 512 MB memory (minimum Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS or ATI Radeon HD 3850)
    • DirectX 11: at least 460 or Nvidia GeForce ATI Radeon HD 5850

If you are having the compatible system and still you are getting the issue with the game then you should check for the Graphic Driver of your system which might be corrupted or outdated and that is why you are unable to get it working with the game. I will advise you to uninstall the Graphic Driver and then to install the latest one for your PC. To download and install then latest driver you have to visit the official manufacturer site of Graphic Card and the download and install the latest driver. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not.

It might be possible that your security program is blocking the game to launch and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. I will suggest you to disable security program as well as Firewall and then to try and see whether the game crashes on Desktop or not. If this is still not working and you are getting the issue with the same then you should first uninstall the game and then to reinstall it again to check for solution. I hope this will work with the issue.