Thread: Counter Strike 1.6 Server not viewing up in server list

Counter Strike 1.6 Server not viewing up in server list

Good morning friends I am getting a problem with this CS server not showing up in the server list, it all started when I downloaded a server creator along with the newest HLDS server files. I was able to configure well and I even gave my server IP address to my friends they were able to join me well but when I checked in the cs 1.6 server list, I was not able to find it. I have many times closed the HLDS and again went onto to set the mastersever IP’s as a server address and the again went onto to search of the same in the server list but again I was not able to get the server in the list so can any one suggest me some vital solutions for the same

Re: Counter Strike 1.6 Server not viewing up in server list

Hey I would want to know that from where you have downloaded the HDLS as I think that there could be a problem in the HDLS itself which is the cause of the server not getting listed, either you try to updated same HLDS or if possible you must even look to get a new one downloaded, through which I think you will be able to get the problem solved smoothly, also try different ports to get the connection of the server such that may be the pot you are trying is defected which is why you are not able to get connection to the server.

Try to Run HLDS without masterserver and see if you can get the server listed in the CS server lists of yours for this start the server with setmaster IP's address or if possible try switching to the sv_lan 1 and then back to 0, you should first try all these possibilities and then see if can get the problem solved quickly, I hope that you can get the server listed after going through any of the above solutions.

Guys thanks for all the quick reply that you have provided to me but still I am not able to get rid of this issue, I have reinstalled hlds many times and got the console window working, but when I start the CS to check the list and I entered the masterserver IP’s manually then also I get a unknown error again. Although there are many of my friends that are able to connect to the server , but still I am not able to get the server list, so can someone help me to know how shall I find it, my server name is brkz no problem in the name as such, but still not able to find it.

Friend what I feel that you might not be having the server on the same machine and that is why you are getting the error of Unknown server” or you might not have got the server installed properly and that is the reason of the error. Try running the server in a console mod and the see if you can get the server listed in the server list of the CS game. So if you can get the server running from the console than one thing is sure that you server is running perfectly and the problem is from the game itself.

Guys I am also having some problem with this CS 1.6 since the day I have decided to play on LAN with my friends. I have already registered in a counter strike team, but whenever I try to join a friend who invited me on his server, I find that I am unable to join him. When I try to join him it gives me an error saying that "server not responding"! So I am not able to get to play in network, so can someone help me to know what is the cause of the problem and how can I get this solved.

Check the firewall settings of your computer system as I have come to know that to connect to different servers you will have to get the firewall settings to set on a low or possibly off. The reason is firewall obstruct to connect to the different servers in order to provide ample security so, if you are having firewall on or if it is set to very high privacy setting then you will not be able to connect to different servers in order to join the game, so check this out first and then see if you can get to connect properly.

Guys I have got the problem of the connection to my friends server solved after I have rested my firewall settings, thank you very much now I am able to get to connect to my friends list and also play the game in a network, I am very happy now since I was able to get connected with all my friends to play this game, so all I can say that thank you very much and I will surely be back to this forum if in the future I am getting to faced any other problem.

Exclamation Re: Counter Strike 1.6 Server not viewing up in server list

Server Cs 1.6 non steam ZombY

109.101.211.143:27015 BEST BEST BEST